are you happy with your dh/so???

ILOVEMYKIDS08

Asked by ILOVEMYKIDS08 at 3:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I am happy, I could be happier but that is a fantasy and I live in the real world with bills and kids, and such. He is a great man who takes great care of me and our kids. I am very lucky to have such a great guy and I forget that at times.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• lately iv come to relize that im not in love with my bf anymore. he is not the father of my kids. i have no ties to him. he is so controlling and distant he has been fot months and i think he feels the same way but no one wants to face that fact. i wanna move on. i know he isent the man of my dreams bc that man would nver have slapt me or put me down......im very unhappy!
    ILOVEMYKIDS08

Answer by ILOVEMYKIDS08 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I am SO very happy! I am engaged to the one and only man that makes my knees weak!! He is such a WONDERFUL daddy and makes me fall in love with him every time I see him with the kids (one his and one not). He works so hard everyday for us NEVER complains about it and he comes home ready and eager to help out with he kids (even if I do beg him to take a break!). I am FAR too lucky.. I dont deserve him at all.. all my other boyfriends have been extremely abusive except maybe...2.. so I have always been treated wrongly and let myself be treated so. But never him.. Iv known him for a good while and we have had many ups and downs together.. we always respectfully work things out and he has never yelled at me. Yes, we do get into disagreements and little spiffs... but that doesn't mean we treat each other badly. He NON stops spoils me lol.. he is just amazing!!! So I have to say YES!!!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• oh gag @ that lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• ILOVEMYKIDS08.......
    i know how you feel,( if you ever want to talk pm me) but my situation is a lil different in the fact that he is the father of both of my kids, but things are not like they used to be. he is a great man and loves me but he doesnt work and support us and im just not happy anymore.

so to answer your question OP no i dont think that i am happy anymore
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 5:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I love my hubby with all of my heart. Am I happy all the time? No. We've been facing some very hard times this past 2yrs & because of that I've learned some things about his approach to responsibilities that has made me unhappy at times...but I also know it stems from how he was raised & that he was conditioned to think the way he does. Does this make me love him any less? No. Does this make him a bad husband or father? Absolutely not. It is something that takes a little compromise, & the kind I am willing to make (even though at times it can be hard). I entered my adult life with a vision of my future that I now know was raising the bar a little high, & I cannot let that fairytale life I had originally planned for myself interfere with the growing, & even though stressful at times, amazing life I am creating with my husband. All of my moments of unhappiness are just that, moments. Nothing I cannot deal with in the long run.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes I'm happy. However if you bf is slapping you and calling you names its time to leave. This is very harmful for your kids to witness, you are setting the example for how they will view relationships when they growup.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I'm pretty happy and content in my marriage too :) It's far from perfect and there are some times I dream of walking out but I don't think I'd ever really do it. The madness is usually over in a few hours.
    To the one that gets slapped and emotionally abused.... I agree, it's time for you to move on since you have no marriage or kids with him to try to work it out.... you deserve much better than that.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yup, I'm very happy with my husband!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• There are days when I wonder why I married such a numpty but I love him anyways. I'm far from perfect and he puts up with a lot.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2010