do you wish you were single?

ILOVEMYKIDS08

Asked by ILOVEMYKIDS08 at 3:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• No way I hated being single and being married is so much better.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i really wanna be single. i wanna find who i am now be independent. me and bf have grown apart. cant remember ever just being me and my kids, i have always been in relationships. i wanna find my self.....know what i mean?
    ILOVEMYKIDS08

Answer by ILOVEMYKIDS08 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I was single until I was 31 - I did my partying and "finding myself" before settlng down and having kids. More people should do that IMO. I bet the divorce rate would be significantly less!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i agree with you...i should know since iv been divorced and im only 22...sad really
    ILOVEMYKIDS08

Answer by ILOVEMYKIDS08 at 4:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I actually had a married friend years back who met and married her hubby, who was the first boy she dated and the only man she'd ever had sex with. Fast forward to her in her "dirty thirties", still married to him with two kids now and she actually went looking for someone to cheat with because she wanted to see what it was like to be with someone other than her husband. Ugh. I think she learned the grass is always greener thing because as far as I know they only hooked up once but now she can never take that back. And her husband is a fantastic man. It broke my heart to the point that I had to stop talking to her after that. I couldn't look her husband in the eye anymore knowing what I knew....sigh
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I spent 15 years with a men that wasn't so very good to me and I was single for for just about 2 years when i meant my wonderful hubby so not a chance would i want to be back doing the single thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No... I don't think I'd seriously want to be single. But, I'd be lying if I said that I never thought about doing some of the things single girls have done. I've never been to a strip club, I can count the bars I've been to on one hand and have a couple of fingers left (I don't drink so...), the few parties I went to as a teen were lame to me, I was the only sober one there I think so they were more like baby sitting the drunks to me, the whole getting to know someone thing is hard for me, seems everyone puts on a show till you get to know them and find out they're nothing like what they present themselves to be (friends, both male and female).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I want to be single. Too much drama for this momma after seven years with this man. I choose singledom any day of the week.

Marriage/relationships with men just aren't my thing, not in my vocabulary LOL I miss being able to do what I want when i want to, eat stuff without asking someone else if it's okay to eat it.(yeah, seriously, he got mad one time because I ate something he said was suppose to be for dinner!) and be able to raise my kids my own way without him undermining my authority. What he wants to do when it's his days with them, is his right, but omgosh....he has no consistency and when i try to put my foot down he thinks it's funny and undermines me and laughs in front of the kids. It's just too much anymore. I'm looking for a job because I swore i would be out of here by this Christmas, and I am keeping that promise to myself and my kids.

No more dating for me. Let me have my kids, pets & sanity back. :D
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 8:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No. I left my ex when I was 31 and was single for several years before I met/married my dh. I did enjoy being single - I was married when I was 20 so I had never gone to strip clubs, gotten drunk with friends, etc. so it was a good experience for me. Definitely made me a lot more assertive! But I love my dh and would never leave him.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Right now.. Yes.. but I wish I had the finances I do while married... In my opinion it is better to be single and happy then married and miserable!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2010