vaccine or not to?? What are you ideas?? i don't understand what the problem is??

Why are some people so against it?? Im not understanding it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are against it because they are believing all that "research" saying that it cause autism and other stuff that happens to a person before birth. They say it is wrong because of the small amount of mercury but they fail to see that 90% of shots DO NOT have it anymore and IF they do you can request one with out it. Basically just following the fad and panic of more " research" I personally would rather protect my child from things that can be prevented.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't like them because they are very strong and it is hard for an infant to metabolize them properly and when they don't it can cause brain problems, and illness. I am not against doing it when they are older and physically able to metabolize it fully. Also 1 150 kids get autism and there is no evidence saying that vaccines DON'T cause it, and I would rather wait until after my child hits the crucial 2 year mark.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• People are against it just as much as people are for it. The best thing anyone can do is their own research. Most states require certain vaccines for your child to enter school, & in my opinion (& from my own personal research) those are the only ones my child needs. Every person has their own reasoning for it though, even though some of them have reasoning that isn't supported by research of any kind but rather by what is "in" & what everyone else is doing which is sad, but it is still their own reasoning. Plus, especially here on CM, drama is a huge part of any social atmosphere...just one more thing people can cause drama over.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I chose to vaccinate my children. I grew up with an aunt who was severely brain damaged as a child from a disease that is now vaccine-preventable. She was born before vaccines became readily available. I did my research and was convinced that the dangers of not being vaccinated were higher than the dangers of being vaccinated. So I did it and I'm glad I did.

Some of my nieces and nephews cannot be vaccinated because they are anaphyllactic to the substrate of the vaccine. The oldest was vaccinated (her mother, my sister, is a nurse and strongly for vaccination) and nearly died from it. She got all of her other kids tested before their first vaccines and the same thing would have happened. So for them it's best NOT to be vaccinated and just hope that all the other kids around them are to reduce the risk of them coming into contact with the diseases.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 7:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Vaccines are here to help not hurt. Can you imagine how it would be if we didn't have them. Our population would be much smaller. Because all those sickness would be killing a lot of people off.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We DO vaccinate. The 'research' has NOTTTTT proven a link between autism or ANY brain injury diseases! I am very confident in our decision to protect our children from the horrible diseases that are out there - the vaccinations are there for a reason.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You wouldnt understand it without educating yourself on vaccines, have you done that or just take the info your doctors gives and never look any further into it and just do what your told? Well, if you do, then it makes perfect sense that you dont "get it". Try looking at the information available and find out for yourself why some folks do not vaccinate, maybe then you will get it. There are many reasons why some parents dont vaccinate...they disagree with the harsh chemicals and ingredients in the vaccines, their child may be allergic to eggs or another ingredient, they may believe in strengthening the immune system in a more natural way, maybe they dont feel its necessary for MANY reasons....try finding out for yourself before judging those choices.

jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I have found that parents that do NOT vaccinate have spent way more time and energy researching the vaccines and the ingredients and their effects than those parents who DO vaccinate...those that do vaccinate usually are very trusting of doctors and the medical community thinking they can do no harm, they are usually the type that medicate for every little thing and arent very natural minded, they just do as they are told :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Anon :14 - That is not true. I, myself, choose to vaccinate for the required vaccines but not JUST because they are required. I did extensive research in both directions & am very untrusting of doctors after having had many encounters with un-educated, very pushy, & ignorant ones throughout my own medical problems in my life. Because of this I do not just "take their word for it", I have also been known to either seek out new care or tell them flat out what I have found in my own research when I am told something that has been shown to be untrue or disagreeable. However, after all of that, I still feel that some of the vaccines that are available are much more worth the risk than not, especially with how many children are NOT being vaccinated & the probability of diseases being spread more easily because of this. Please do not stereotype everyone into catagories, you are doing just what you say people should not be doing.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2010