Bringing Closure

So over two years ago I was very close friends with a girl, and the friendship ended badly. We have ONE mutual friend who sort of keeps me connected to this other girl by occasionally mentioning how she's doing. (We got in a fight, and it was all my fault, but even after I said sorry, she didn't feel we should still be friends).

Anyways, my family is about to move out of state and leave this life behind- probably forever. So I feel like I need to bring closure to a few things, including making an attempt at ending this old relationship on a semi-good note. I wanted to say "Ppl walk in and out of your life, and sometimes they slam the door on their way out, but I'm glad you showed up to begin with". Something like that. Should I let sleeping dogs lie and just let go? Or would closure somehow help the both of us? I'm not looking for a response, or to renew the friendship... just to have my say and know I tried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I would write her a letter. I think it is the safest way to go. A meeting in person might go south again--a letter requires no action on her part. Doesn't put her on the spot. She can read how you feel and leave it at that. If you do write one, I would take Lisa Ann p's advice and not include anything about your fight. Just let it go. I hope everything works out how you hope! Good luck to you.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• What could it hurt to try this? I don't see a downside to it. If she likes it great if she doesn't will you be any worse off? IMO no so if it'll put your mind at ease, do it.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I'd write a heartfelt letter and not go in to any details of the "fight" and just say that you're sorry that it ended the way it did, you were wrong and you hope someday she can find it in her heart to forgive you and that with everything that's been said and done, that you are thankful that she was a part of your life and that you learned a little too late how much she meant to you.
    There's a lot of poetry that can touch on what you're wanting to say but I wouldn't do that... I'd do it straight from the heart without rehashing the problem itself.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• does she live by you maybe try and go see her face to face shows alot more. Or maybe a phone call. Was it something stupid you fought over?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• all you can do is try, she may not wanna hear it regardless of your moving date. Your need for closure may not be hers. I think its a good idea to try to talk to her but don't be hurt all over again if she doesn't wanna talk to you.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2010