Men...ARGH

Are men as completely clueless or is it all an act to get out of doing stuff? Case in point I worked nightshift last night and got home at around 4am. The second I came down the stairs into our apartment I heard my DS making the little hoot noises he uses to let me know he's awake. I tried to lay him back down but he wouldn't cooperate and I didn't want him waking his twin sister so I took him out of his crib and to the bedroom so I could change. My DH got up to use the bathroom and realized Ethan was awake...he came and talked to him for a few seconds then went back to bed. He went back to bed! Dude! You've been asleep since like 10pm last night! Could you not stay up so I could get some sleep maybe? Seriously! I have another nightshift tonight too....ugh.... Why must I spell everything out for him...so is he clueless? Or does he figure if he acts too dumb to think of staying up I'll just go along with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Instead of going to get your son right away, you should have just went directly to your bed room and said to your DH/SO "Your son is awake". Them proceed to get ready for bed, with out going to get your son.

Answer by louise2 at 7:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Men think we are made of titanium sometimes. Sounds like my DH too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Welcome to motherhood. Men well i work a lot and if my child got up at 4am when i was just getting home we would both be up to deal with it. I work a mess load of different shifts so sleep what is that??!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No offense meant to you but you were awake... you just got home from work and I don't know about everyone, but I never could just to go to bed when I came home, I had to wind down. I ididn't have kids at the time, but if any time I'm away from them when I get to them or they come home, I want to spend some time with them, maybe he thought you would to? Does he have to work this morning? If so, then he was right in going back to bed, after all you will be sleeping today I assume.
    But yes, you do have to spell it out for them if you want them to think the way you do or atleast understand what you want/need from them. They're men, not mind readers even tho some of it should just be common sense to both male and female.
    I didn't have twins, but I did enjoy the peace early in the am, no tv, no phone no nothing but me and the baby (when they aren't sick). I'm an early riser tho... maybe that's it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• OP: Yeaaaah I guess you have a point there. I guess I'm just cranky!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• agree w/ louise2 yup you have to spell it out for them. My dh's so dense when it comes to stuff like that, like he'll be holding dd & she'll be struggling & complaining & I still have to tell him she doensn't like being held that way. There all daft!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• the men, they play dumb on purpose. if they ignore it, we will take care of it.
    how old are your twins? since 12 mos. , mine don't often wake each other up. usually one is tired enough to sleep through it. but still taking care of one in the middle of the night is easier than taking care of two!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• They're 18 months. When I got him out of his crib he hooted at her and she woke up. Guess he didn't want to play by himself lol.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You picked him up. He thought you wanted to comfort the child. How would he know any different unless you tell him?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I agree with some of the other posts. SPELL IT OUT EVERY TIME HUN! lol

Most men I know need you to say what you want. Don't assume or think they'll pick up on it.
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 11:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2010