37 weeks 6 days pregnant

I'll be 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow Tuesday 1/26. Well I have been having contraction every night that are about 5 mons apart and last for about an hour then go away. I will get occasional contractions during the day but nothing like I do at night. At night they will hurt and stop me in my tracks and take my breath away. My doctor checked my cervix at 36 weeks and no dilation and will not check me again until 39 weeks. I'm just ready to be done and want this baby out of me. Is thee anything I could do to get things moving along. I tried walking and sex but does n ot seems to work. My doctor said my pains are normal and the contractions not to worry because they do not last and they have to stay 3-5 mins apart. So is there anything I could do to move things along I would love to know.

itsajen812

Asked by itsajen812 at 7:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you havent started to dialate then no nothing will help sorry. Your body has to have started before anything even medical inductions work.
    Just drink lots of water and try to rest the best you can. You can also go take a long walk around the mall or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I know it's miserable, but just keep telling yourself the baby isn't done cooking. lol I agree with the previous response, nothing will help unless your body is already progressing on it's own. I had to be induced with both of my children so I totally understand your frustration. Hang in there... not too much longer!
    Saphie

Answer by Saphie at 9:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• well not really. it's definitely possible that you would be pregnant for a few more weeks. or you could have your baby tomorrow.

1 thing that i would do is try visualization. get comfy on the sofa or in bed and just picture a rose bud opening, or your baby's head pushing on your cervix and it thinning and opening. it can be relaxing and certainly can't hurt.

but in the end i really think it's when the baby is ready. term is 38-42 weeks so i like to go into pregnancy assuming i will go to 42 weeks so i don't get frustrated at the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2010