i need help with the dark circles under my eyes its genetic,,,i got from the family,,but iam only 25 and i have ,,ppl say that u shouldn't have this (dark circles) in this age,,any advices??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have the same problem. Creams only help a little & don't touch the root of the problem. I went to a dermatologist about them & was told by a DR there's nothing you can do about em w/ products. There is a plastic surgery that will add a filler but the derm said that most who go thru it HATE it cuz it changes the shape of your face & ppl want to look like themselves just w/out the circles & it makes you look different. Looking at her face it was quite obvious that she had had this surgery & after seeing what her's looked like I decided it wasn't worth the $$$$, still don't like the circles though!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i heard about lancome has new eye product works with genetic dark circles problems is that right???? any body try it before??????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My husband has this problem. Has every since he was a teenager (& now at 22yrs old he looks as if he hasn't slept in days even after a full nights rest). Unfortunately everyone in his family has wasted money left & right trying to fight this unfightable problem. So many creams & gels promise results but as far as I can tell none of them have worked for any of them. You can have the pigment & circles surgically altered to appear less viberant, but that is a lot of money & can potentionally go wrong or not work at all. Try embracing some of your other facial features instead, drawing the attention away from your eyes. Also work with a hair stylist that can do the same thing. There are ways to bring less focus to your eyes without wasting money trying to get rid of the circles.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• wannabemommy i agree 100% with u but wat if the only thing is making me pretty or special is my eyes heeheh lolol,,ya actualy my face is my eyes and ths y i wana take care of it!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i cut dairy and increased omega 3's. i take udo's oil or carson's cod liver oil ( i take it orally, i don't apply it to the eyes) it worked, now my dark circles come from being up all night with children...still not as bad as they were when i consumed more dairy!
    i would try changing your diet before giving up and writing it off as a genetic issue. dairy intolerance can manifest itself in many ways. i promise you if you cut dairy for three months and then drink a glass of milk, your body will rebel!! remember, dairy includes milk, chocolate, cheese, yogurt, ice cream...i say this not to insult you, but b/c many people believe they don't do dairy...only milk in their morning cereal!
    good luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• This is very common with food sensitivities, like wheat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I have them pretty bad, always have, its genetic and runs in my family...my mom and grandmother and great grandmother all had them pretty bad.
    Vitamin K cream is the best thing ive tried for them, but you have to get a good pure cream and that can get expensive and you have to use it religiously every day and night to see a real difference.
    Also get as much good sleep as you can, that helps some and drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet.
    If they bother you that much you can always just invest in a good concelear to cover them up! Have you tried any of the new mineral make up? Its amazing stuff and works really well.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• black circles under the eyes are a classic sign of allergies. And since allergies are genetic, it makes sense that your family would have them too. Talk to your doctor about the possiblity of allergies, and other cuases (as there are many other cuases), to see if there is a treatment option or maybe a test ot see what the allergy is to you can avoid it.

here is a list of possible causes -- http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dark-circles-under-eyes/MY00346/DSECTION=causes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The skin under the eye is very thin and in some families this causes the dark eyes. Its because of thin skin. Applying yellow makeup under your foundation can help blend the dark circles. Besides fillers sometimes laser treatment is used because it helps eliminate some of the capillaries under the skin that are causing the dark circles.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Norwegian Cod liver oil...Omega 3.....Emergin C 100 mgs....YES less Dairy and the Vit K And of course the natural suns Vit D....GOOD LUCK >>>It works for me and I have olive skin...And also I Pray (It actually works!!!!!!)
    Here's the prayer that helps me with all my physical problems
    Heavenly Father
    I call on you right now in a special way. It is through your power that I was created. Every breathe I take, every morning I wake,and every moment of each hour.I live under your power.
    Father, I ask you now to touch me with that same power.For if you created me from nothing you can certainly recreate me. Fill me the healing power of your spirit. Cast out anything that should not be in me.Mend hat is broken. Root out any unproductive cells. Open any arteries or veins and rebuild any damaged areas. Remove all inflammation and cleanse any infection.
    L the war,mth ofyour healing love pass through my body to make new any unhealthy
    terstet

Answer by terstet at 10:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010