Fever high body temperature and cold clammy.

My 19 months old son has been having temperature since Wednesday. His teething and has 4 molars already coming out. We had taken him to the doctor and found out there was nothing beside fever. His temperature was around 101.6 F the first few days. Symptoms were just nose blocked and high temperature and weaknesses the first few days. However, he didn't eat much and drank a lot of milk more than usual. yesterday morning 3 am his body temperature was around 90.1 F and cold. I called in the doc and said he was cold. It took a long time to get his temperature to normal after wrapping up with warm blanket. then his temp came back around 98 and would go down and up. Last night when I checked in his recturm was around 97.1 F. His head is sometimes warm and sweaty. His lower body heat is low when i touch it. but feet is warm. I stopped his Motrim since the temperature was down. What should I do. I am alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep him well hydrated. Don' t give him ibuprofen (motrin) on an empty stomach; acetominophen (tylenol) is much more gentle on the stomach.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2010