What is the best contraceptive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Health

• Diaphragm. They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I liked Nuvaring, but it's not for everyone. It was just easier for me not to have to remember to take a pill everyday or have to remember to insert something before sex, but yet it was something I could take out whenever I wanted (as opposed to the shots, or the norplant type of bc).

Answer by missanc at 9:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• What rkoloms said. After having my first. I got one and love it. I did go back on the pill for a bit and it messed up my body so much. So I will never do anything else but the diaphragm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We use fertility awareness method. It works for us. It doesn't work for everyone, especially if your cycles are irregular. It's free and has no side effects.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• snippity snip snip.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• abstinence
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i wont use BC ever again it'll be condoms or a diaphram. the hormones in BC pills just really mess me up
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I had 5 live births...quite a few miscarriages even into the later months which was hard. I was Extremely fertile to say the least. BC made me moody and unstable and was not strong enough. The only thing that i have found to work with either low homones or no hormones is an IUD. The 5 yr. is plastic and has a low amount of hormones. I use the 10 yr. which has no hormones and is made of copper and Ive had exellent results. This is the only way I know I wont get preganant. Its also completely reversable with removal.
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010