Teen wants Party

Her is my question, my son will be 18 this week, he is having a party at our home, my husband and I will be home too. The thing is there will be at least 12 kids, boys & girls and he wants them to stay the night, including the girls. What do you all think, is it okay to have the girls stay? Please help me, I want to do the right thing but I also want my son and his friends to have fun and want to come back. Oh ya, there will be no drinking, we will be making sure of that:)

momwithteen129

Asked by momwithteen129 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I think it is weird for parents to host an all night adult teen party where you know the kids will be having sex and there will be some booze.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would not let my daughter stay the night. That's WAY too much temptation! Party for the evening...oh yeah!, but NOT an overniter!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• we used to growing up,nothing wrong with it,just keep checking on them. i highly doubt al of them are going to have sex in the same room or any at that.just fing things for them to do,games
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It strikes me that a friend was right when, at 16, she pointed out to her mom that there was nothing she could do at 2am that wasn't possible to do at 2pm. There are things that one can do at 2pm that are impossible at 2am (libraries don't tend to be open, for instance) but not the other way around.

Make it clear, early on, that you're probably staying up at least as late as they are... and that you sleep lightly and will probably be 'around' several times through the night...

Unless you are very close to your kids' friends, the mixed gender issue may be ...less of an issue than some might think. Nothing made me laugh harder than the day a friend's daughter, who was only ever allowed to have girls sleep over, came 'out' with a girlfriend who'd slept over LOTS... ha ha ha ha.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No. I wouldn't allow it. That's asking for trouble. If he insists, I'd talk to every parent and get them to sign a waiver. I wouldn't want to be held responsible if their daughter got pregnant while sleeping over with boys at my house.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You're talking 17 18 year old kids here, not 15 year olds. There should be more trust at this age. If you are there, they know you are there, what do you think is really going to happen? If they want to have sex, they will sneak out and do it. It sounds very "above the board" here. I wouldn't think too much of it or make a big deal bout it. Just make sure the kids parents are aware. I dont' know how many people we had crammed into my dorm room for parties at 18 but no one was having sex, just hanging out. Sounds like a good time.
    Anonymous

• Lets be realistic, the hormones at this age are raging. Its been along long time ago but i can still remember & my opinion is dont even go there becaue as a good parent you just dont more worry than you have alreday.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• hmm. my parents never let my bf even stay pass 9. lol. just cause they thought i would get pregnant. um i dont think its a good idea for the girls to stay. im 19 and that is my op.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• If you allow a coed slumber party, make sure all the kids are 18.  Make rules and let all the kids know before hand.  Where are the kids going to sleep?? Make sure you and your husband are there at all times to supervise. I would also recommend you to let the parents know what the plans are.  I know the kids are 18 but they are still kids.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010