Tubes tied could I get preg?

Has anyone ever gotten pregnant 5 years after they have had there tubes tied? Sometimes I hope this would happen to me, and is know regretting getting it done.
And should have gave it more thought before going and getting it done. But I had pressure from my husband and parents for what I went threw with my last pregnancy so I did see there concern. I was 22 when I had them tied :( I know this question is crazy but just would like to know. But I guess if God wanted me to have another i will? Confused and sad... I only have two kids and both of the same sex :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes it does happen but really not that much. You can always consider adoption. I know it is not the same as being pregnant. But there are so many babies that need a home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• when I got my tubes tied my doctor said there is a one percent chance I could get pregnant and they chance for a tubal pregnancy is greater I had my tubed cut and tied if you had then just tied they can undo it and then you could have another child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes, it is possible for all surgeries to fail.

In the meantime you could appreciate the children you have. It's distressing to read that you feel the two same-sex children you have are inadequate for you, and I wonder how that feels for them living in your home. Do you think they don't know?

Anonymous is right: there are lots of babies and children who need a loving home, if you're convinced that your two children are insufficient.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• NOTHING is 100%. When I had my tubes tied, my doctor said that it is 85% effective. That is the highest he would go. Why? Because as he said, it may not take, it could come undone, and he NEVER gives anything 100%. He also informed us that of all the tubals he has done, he has seen 10 get pregnant and carry. He has been an OBGYN for about 30 years.

You can adopt. You can get it reversed but then it may not work. Do keep in mind that if you had lots of problems during your last pregnancy, you may have those same problems. Also, if only you want another baby, it could cause your DH to resent the baby. I have seen this happen before.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• well my mother had her tubes tied with me and got pregnant again when i was about 6-8 years old. since they were still tied it became a tubal pregnancy and she had to have a D&C. maybe you could reverse it if you feel strongly about wanting another baby
    Anonymous