You believe in the bible, but you dont believe in magick, WTF?

I was chatting with a group of ladies, and the issue came about when I (a new practritioner of magick) suggested a couple of spells as opposed to prayer for a situation. Long story short - the Christian ladies declared that magick isnt real, yet I question why and how they believed that Jesus preformed "miricales" like healing (aka reiki), and walking on water(meditation or astral projection), and even Moses with the snake/rod, and parting the Red Sea.
...It was MAGICK - with a k to express that it is metaphysics and not stage tricks.

Why and How do you believe in the bible, but dismiss the idea of magic(k)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think the problem with asking this question is that Magick has been turned into a joke in the public eye. Most see magic(k) as little more than stage tricks and cool special affects. What they don't understand is how "gods will" can even compare to a Magick trick. And in that they are right, their "gods will" and can't be compared to what Magick is now seen as. You know the "As seen on TV" items you can by at the store, well they don't understand that real Magick (as those who practice it) is not "As seen on TV" Trust me this argument is always going to have the same out come, I fight with DH over it all the time. Just like I fight with him over how anyone can put such faith in a book that is supposed to be truth, but has been written and rewritten so many times. Just know your truth and smile and nod, ppl always reject what they don't understand. Blessed Be.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Same question to you, How do you believe in magic but dismiss the bible?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Well, we're a family of Judeo-Christian Magicians and we definitely practice magick similar to what Moses did. We don't turn rods into snakes, but we do call on angels daily (the Judeo-Chrisitan ones Michael, Gabriel, etc). Rods becoming snakes isn't useful to us.

There are esoteric Jews and Christians in the world. They'd be "burned as witches" today, but there used to be a great many of them. Now, most of them practice "Solomonic" magick and don't identify with churches in any way.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I believe God used his own universal laws for all the miracles that he preformed. but not "Magic"....it wasn't hocus pocus stuff...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I dont dismiss the bible completely. But I have no religious connection to it because it is a copy of a copy of a copy that was mocked from many different religions. I believe that he magick in the bible was real, but that the faith in religions stemmed from its many different versions are false and misleading. Magick is the nature of science, its manipulation of energy, and is common in everyday life, including prayer.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Everyone is the country of ours if you live in the USA can believe in whatever they wish and nobody should judge on what they do believe only God and judge.
    I'm a Christan women, and it does not matter to me what other ppl wish to believe in but hope someday that they will see that Gods way is the right way and the truth. I do not believe in that hocus pocus magi ck stuff. Maybe you should try and read the Bible in there you will find your answers or go to the closest church and ask a preacher. Instead of asking others. So peoples feeling and what they believe in dont get bashed.

And remember this something that you hold in your hand as due to everyone in this country of the USA on the back of your Money ITS SAYS IN GOD WE TRUST if he is not true then why is GOD'S NAME ON THE MONEY YOU SPEND. Hope you get my point...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The things you mentioned in your question were preformed by the power of God, not magic(k). Now what you are saying true magic(k) is is not!!! Harry Potter, Spiderwick Chronicles, etc is not real; if it were we all could do it easily!!! This will open up a debate but oh well! Magic(k) that appears real is under the power of fallen angels(demons). These angels can do things even to persuade people that they have magical powers!!! Psychics never rest because these spirits always torment them in one way or another, and psychics are people who are sensitive to these fallen angels and depending on the individual and their beliefs will tell them things of the past, future, etc and can and will immitate dead loved ones so others will believe in this person having power or the 3rd eye. The greatest trick the devil ever did was getting people to believe he doesn't exsist! Magic(k) black or white is not pure or innocent! Its witch craft
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• When the Bible was tanslated by King James, most of the magick was taken out........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I have asked this before. The believers will pretty much never say it was magic(k) and that ther IS a difference
    and the "miracles" are ok but anything else is bad
    I will never understand other than to say that I suppose they cannot possibly believe what they do and call the stuff in the bible anything but miracles to separate the two
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• In Genesis 44:5, Joseph's household manager refers to a silver drinking cup "...in which my lord drinketh and whereby indeed he devineth". Later, Joseph accuses his brothers of stealing the cup, saying "that such a man as I can certainly divine [the identity of the thieves]". This is divination.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2010