What are the GW evironmentalists coming after now?

Your lawn!

Thats right ladies that lawn you probably worked hard to make and keep nice is now under attack as well...

link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• All I can say is WOW!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Interesting article....I wonder how they're going to suggest we fix it all. lol
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I've lived in an area of the country that has horrific air quality/ air pollution, and there are days in the summer where it is suggested that ppl do not use gas mowers. Additionally, this same city prohibits the burning of wood in fireplaces during many days in the winter. This city is located in a valley, and has little wind, no marine influence and minimal Delta breeze influences. In the summer the temp routinely hits the triple digits; the air, thick and gross colored-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• From the article: Athletic fields fared even worse. They didn't trap nearly as much carbon as ornamental grass but required just as much emission-generating care.

Let's see the NFL, NCAA, MLS, PGA, etc change because some tree hugging hippie has a 'hunch'

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Well I have pretty lawn and did when I lived outside D.C. as well lol

What would be their answer astroturf? The platic crap? I imagine that would get hotter then hell in the summer months esp..?

Anyways..this mess is a bunch of bunk imo created to fill certain pockets and gain more control over us
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I use a push mower. It is great exercise!

What is GW?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Global warming
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The yard nazis can kiss my behind. I work hard to keep a beautiful yard and I don't use much "fuel" doing it either. Growth can be controlled a lot with water. There are lots of natual fertilizers too. My garden is organic...bugs just hate dish water so in the summer I do most of my dishes the old fashioned way in a big dishpan and throw the water on the plants. My plants love it and we can eat tomatoes picked from the vine on a warm summer afternoon.

We sometimes have poor air quality here because we are in a basin. Our area is rural with very few emissions. A study came out just a week or so ago that solved this riddle for areas like mine on the west coast. China's emissions blanket us. The different air layers are the reason why cities don't seem to be affected. The article was in my local paper, but you might can google up the study.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

Great for you..... Do you push mower 5 acres? If so, I bet you are ready for the iron man triathalon, too.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010