How does the way you see yourself differ from the way others see you?

Do you consciously adjust to this, ignore it, or just live day to day flying by the seat of your pants?

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 10:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Seat of pants, for sure.

Other people's perspectives are often so very different from my own that I find it fascinating... it's such an insight into how they think, and I think that thinking is just about the most interesting thing there is. I love those brief windows into other's thought processes...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I get compliments all the time, but I don't know what the heck people are talking about. I'm hard on myself and shy, but people see me as confident and friendly. I just stick with however I feel comfortable being. Everyone's perception differs, and if I adjusted myself to everyone's perception, I think I would lose whatever it is that makes me, well me.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't know a whole lot about what other people think of me. I am socially retarded lol. I have problems interacting with people for longer than a few minutes, my foot always finds it's way into my mouth. I know my husband likes me for exactly who I am, and my mom too, but other than that I have no idea.

I guess I don't really care much either. People will think what they will and I will just keep living my life. The only time it has ever bothered me is when people ask when I'm due when I'm not pregnant :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• to start off with, I have pmdd, clinical depression, type 2 diabetes, not to mention a few other things. no money to be able to have anything under treatment, so I know that all has a lot to do with the way I see myself. Which is basically worthless, fat and ugly (my period is this week, can you tell?) I'm down to one "good" week a month, barely. I don't have any friends because I don't think anyone would want to be around me if they knew the real me, so I hide in the house most of the time.
    DH, however thinks that I'm gorgeous and sexy, I think he's nuts. I mean I'm 5'5" and probably about 270 lbs! Sexy? I don't think I'm the only one that needs their eyes checked.

Sorry, didn't mean to vent...like I said, it's a bad week. Money is so tight I haven't eaten since yesterday because I'm afraid the kids won't have enough, even though DH says we have more then enough. I'm just at a loss at to what to do.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The way I see my self is a very caring person that is so stupid that i always think of others morethan myself causing people to relly critize me for really stupid reason for caring. Whether i have had a drink or not, they say that i have ben drinking so that really makes me mad so i do. & Iam honest about it.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Hmm, well I'm seriously out of style, and that's got to be obvious to those around me. Sometimes I try to find ways to be more like everyone else(hair and clothes), but usually I'm just plain old uncool me, lol! I get more excited than is cool to show when I discover mutual interests with those around me. I hang onto compliments when they come my way, though I'll downplay it or just laugh when I receive them. I don't think too many people really know the 'whole' me, because I don't spend a great deal of time around anyone in particular. I don't think anybody's necessarily overly impressed with me, but on the flip side ppl don't treat me like crap either, so that's good. I dunno if I've really answered the question, lol. :)
    -KaylaLee-

Answer by -KaylaLee- at 7:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2010