my sex life has been bad the last few months. and the last few weeks, not at all. Iam 5 months preg. I think it is b/c I am not sexy to him anymore. But I really don't look preg. He acts like he isn't happy at all about the baby. I just have been really depressed. and don't no what 2 do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, unless you've had considerable training in telepathy, it's unlikely you have any real idea why he's gone all shy on the subject.

For example, would it come as a suprise to you that many men are completely weirded out about the idea of having sex that close to a baby?

He may be concerned that he could hurt you or the baby.

He may have no idea what is and is not okay to do when there's a baby in there.

In fact, he may have a lot of unanswered questions about your body and the baby that are all deep, dark mysteries to him, to the point where he can't even really think of how to phrase the questions. Most medical professionals know a lot and have no idea how little the average guy knows about human fertility, or how sex works during all these changes, so they often don't think of answering unasked questions, they assume people know about as much as they do.

Try talking to him instead of guessing.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• He may be "jealous" of the baby if that's what (understandably) is occupying most of your mind right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Your depression may be changing your perception of his behavior. Depression during pregnancy is not uncommon. Your husband may need to accompany you to your doctor or attend some classes that will explain to him what is safe (sexually) during pregnancy. He also could use a strong role model. You should speak with your doctor about your depression before it gets bad enough to tear your relationship apart.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 11:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• First, please speak to your Dr. about your depression. Depression is very serious exspecially when there's a baby involves.

I agree with the three posts I have read before mine. It could be anumber of reasons why he is acting that way. Don't assume that there's something wrong with you. I'm preggo with my husband's first child. He's never been so up close and personal with a pregnant woman before so YES, it freaks him out at times. I just try to understand and talk to him as much as possible. Good luck hun!

TMI time
    You may want to try sex on your knees from the back. It kinda gives him the thought that the stomache isn't there.....lol
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 11:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2010