anyone have a baby that?

Anyone else have a baby that hates to get dressed or hates a diapar change? My son is 9 months old. I cant get him to sit still ever which is normal for a 9 month old. He hates to get dressed or changed he screams and throws a fit every time. Has this happened to anyone else? if so what did you do about it?

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Luckily it's a phase. There's no predicting what age it happens, but it seems they all go through it at least once. My daughter had the hating diaper changes thing, then later the hating bath time (she went from playing happily to standing and screaming while I gave her a 30 second sponge-down), then she hated being in the car. Each of these phases, for us at least, went away as quickly as it came on. Sometimes I think they just think to themselves, "aha, I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to make mom's life hell in the car/at a bathtime/ at diaper change time for awhile, remind her who's in charge!" And then they're like, "I'm over it." The only thing that sometimes sort of works is distraction -- I do regularly give my daughter a baby doll or my keys or something during a diaper change.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• it's just the age - they don't like to sit still long enough! My 2nd son had a true sensory problem with clothes - but if that's the case they fuss even after the clothes are on. My 4th is 14 months and we're still in this stage at times. He's starting to just put up with it, but it doesn't mean he likes it! Other than distraction with a toy/book I'm not much help, other than he will sit still for the commercials on Nick Jr. - he doesn't really like the shows, but I've dvr'ed some of the commercials and that will distract him long enough. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 11:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My 4 1/2 month old also hates getting dressed, its kinda strange u wouldn't think @ such a young age should would really know but she does.....so now I just play with her while I get her dressed...for example I say"give me those pants....give me those pants" it makes her laugh so it distracts her, which is a lot easier for me! LoL!
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 12:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2010