naturally get this labor moving

i'm 37 wks pregnant with my third baby. i was last checked friday and i'm 3 cm dilated and 70 % effaced. i've tried walking and sex to get this labor moving but nothing is happening, is there anything else i can try? besides the oils.

girlie2

Asked by girlie2 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would just keep up the walking and stuff.
    I was 3 cm and 90 % effaced and it still took a couple weeks :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I was 4cm & 90% for 2 weeks. There really is nothing short of enduing to get the labor going. You can stimulate and create contractions, but often they are just false contractions. I know it feels like you will be pregnant forever - but baby will come when they are ready.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• personally i would just relax as much as possible. you can be open and thinned for a long time before labor actually begins for real. you can try visualization, which is relaxing and certainly can't hurt! like get comfy and visualize a flower bud opening, or baby's head resting against your cervix, causing it to thin and open! gl!
    Anonymous

• i was that way at 37w, and was induced at 40. nothing works if your body isnt ready.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010