Sahm mom returning to workforce. Need good advice!

Hi moms!

I am a sahm who will be returning to work after being at home with my 2 yr. old and 9 month old. I have been home for 2 years. I need good advice on staying organized, tips on cooking dinner, laundry. Just any and everything you can offer me to try and balance both worlds.

Thanks!

PatricksMama07

Asked by PatricksMama07 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I put meals in the crock pot at night and slide the insert in the fridge and leave the heating part on the counter plugged in. When Im running out of the house in the morning I throw the ceramic part in and turn it on. Makes dinner much easier a few times/wk. i made a list of dinners we like so I don't have to be creative everyweek and I pick 5 dinners off it and make my list for the store. Then i don't hve extra trips to the store during the week.

I try to do a load of laundry each night to stay caught up.

let stuff go if it doesnt matter to you. You don't have to have everything done all the time now..You need sleep too! I try to clean as fast as i can on sat morning so I can do fun stuff on the weekends too.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Meal planning; weekend prep (I cook and freeze rice, chili, soup, beans, etc.).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• get a crock pot! use a daily planner or you will forget lots of stuff. assign jobs to your dh that he wants. let him chose the chores but do hold him to doing his share of the housework (that is if you have a so)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Cook as much as you can ahead of time, use your crock pot, plan ahead and have the support of your husband if you can.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 5:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010