Have your kids ever "walked in on you" giving "special attention" or "doing the baby dance"?

Seriously. Were you mortified? Did you get mad? How did you explain it? Or did you just act like it never happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• yup - but he was young enough that real explanation wasnt needed and as embarassed as I was, he doesnt remember
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Depends on exactly what they saw and what their reactions were. My son walked in once, my dh walked him back to his room and my son asked him "why does mommy not wear panties to bed?" My husband's comment was "she's weird" to which my son replied "yeah, mom's weird" lol Things happen, we usually lock the door, but . . . there are those times

Answer by missanc at 11:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• yep- dd did recently, and since she already know what sex is, she said "Oh, sorry... I should have knocked. You need to learn to lock your door." it was not a particularly big deal, nor have we ever acted as though sex is something bad or dirty, just that it is private time.
    ds has done the same a couple of times, and he understands that it's private time (though he got the money shot when he walked in- and I later had to explain why so's penis was inside of mommy... *sigh* oh well, he didn't seem scarred) and he should not just walk in if he wakes up in the middle of the night... we've been a lot better about locking the door! lol

it's nothing to be ashamed of, it happens... life moves on. it is only when you MAKE a big deal out of it, that it becomes one.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• haha yea..M is 5 and walked in..and then K and N followed..We just told M to shut the door (hes the eldest..K and N are too young to understand) and he was like "daddy wat are u doin to resa?" lol..we just said He was helping me feel better and hes like "oh okay..bye" lol.

a second time (i think we need to put a lock on the door) I was on top of his dad and M came in (he woke up cuz he peed the bed) and was like " daddy why are u hurtin resa? STOP IT" (loud noises he doesnt understand that i wasnt in pain) lol.

it wasn't mortifiying..just kinda funny how he reacts sometimes. We don't get mad or anything..just handle it as it comes

He hasn't really asked in detail what we were doin so theres no need for any explanation
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sweet Poison,

Honestly you both should keep it quiet and not so open when you are having sex with their father. I remember when my parents got a divorce, and they were sleeping around when I was just a child. They didn't think I knew what they were doing.. But yes I knew! I was 4 years old when I could remember them screaming and moaning.. It will be detrimental to the children once they start getting older. You may think it's cute now. But trust me it wasn't cute for me to have to live with shit like that!! I still have flash backs and just cringe!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• When my ds was 3 years old, he fell asleep on the couch, so daddy and I decided to take advantage of the free time. I left the bedroom door cracked so I could hear him if he woke up, that was the mistake. Right in the middle of it all, I looked over and saw our ds at the door! We just froze! I sent our ds into the other room, then we got up and went out to talk to him. We asked him what mommy and daddy were doing and he said, "A rockin' and a rollin' !".......we decide to just let it go and not mention it again, he never mentioned it either. He's now 19 years old and doesn't even remember it. I think when he's alittle older and gets married and has his own kids, I'll tell him the story!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• funny things parents come up with to disguise what sex is haha! LOL
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes, she has. It wasn't a big deal to us. It's part of life.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• One of our 2 yr old twins walked in on us in the middle. I took the baby monitor out of our room several months ago so we had the door cracked to hear our youngest. DH jumped up and put him back to bed.

Our dd has almost walked in. We heard the door handle turn and DH moved and covered up. She was 5 so we would have to explain it to her then.

IF it does happen, we will explain it. We do not see sex as dirty or anything. Of course we will explain that they need to wait till they are an adult.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2010