Would you stop being friends with a woman that had an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't know for sure if I'd stop being friends... it's certainly possible, especially if she already had kids and assuming I had kids. It'd be awkward for me.
    I'd try to never have let the abortion happen in the 1st place. I am super pro-adoption, I would've begged her to let me adopt the kiddo so she could at least see it when and if she wanted to.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No - I've been there and she will need as much emotional support and caring as she can get. I was loaded with guilt and 16 years later I have never forgotten what would have been my first child's due date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No. That's when she needs her friends

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Personally, I am against abortion, but I don't feel I have the right to tell or judge another woman for her choices. So, no I wouldn't stop being friends with her. I bet she would need the support and love from her friends after doing that.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Side note - I would certainly never let her babysit my kids again, that I am sure of. I'd be convinced she didn't value life on the same level as me.

These are simply my opinions, legally women do have the right to choose, I just don't happen to agree with the law. But I respect/understand those who choose to exercise their right to abort if it's what they see fit. I just hope someday that law will be altered somewhat.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Oh my... not sure why this is in the just for fun section. I have a group of friends aho are still my friends and I had an abortion that I live thinking about every day, 10 years ago. Just recently went through a post abortion healing bible study then led the same study to help woman through thier grief and guilt of thier abortion. We did not want this... we did not realize what we were doing when we did this. I live now to care for my gorgeous kids I have now and help SUPPORT women who have had abortions. I did not share about this for over 7 years because of my shame but now I am free to be open and honest about my mistakes. God forgives all of our sins if we repent. Its not our job to judge others. If the lady is your friend then you will stand by her and support her :)

LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 11:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Honestly, I almost did. She lied to me because she knows I am pro-life. She went along with me infront of everyone else who knew she had already got one when I was talking about buying clothes for her baby and stuff. I was upset and sickened but put it behind me and we are still friends... she regrets it now.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I also babysit my friends children and love my own very much. Just because we have had an abortion, most regret that decision and doesn't mean I am uncapable of caring for children. i am a teacher :) I made a huge mistake, I was young naive and was emotionally scared when I made the worst decision of my life.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 11:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2010