To my fellow magical sisters

Hello my fellow magical sisters. My DH and I are looking at buying a home soon. Matter of fact we are putting an offer on a house today so all positive thoughts are welcome!

But what I really want to ask is when you move into a new space, what rituals do you do? Now I'm not asking you to share your entire ritual. I'm just seeking ideas for when the time comes that we move into our new house.

BB.

SWC

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 11:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Prior to and directly after moving in to a new home I do a basic cleansing. I also do a small ritual asking the spirits in the home to welcome us. I would happily go in to more detail, but my head is pounding. I hope your bid is accepted! Many blessings!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Before moving into the new home do a simple cleansing while actually cleaning the home getting it ready for you to move in..
    I have used a small pale of warm water/sea salt/sage mixture (very, very mild mixture to assure no damage on the woodwork) and with a clean white rag wiped all windows and doors (I also open all windows and doors if possible while doing this)... allowing the positive/good energies to come in and the negative to leave and then threw away the rag...
    If you have brooms hanging over your current homes' doors, I would re bless them after moving in before hanging them back up..

Wishing you Blessings in getting your new home soon...

BB
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• When we moved, the first thing I took into the empty house was a new broom. I took it to the new house straight from the store, not to my old house. This symbolized a new beginning, a clean sweep. The sweeping itself was mostly just going through the motions, since the floors were clean and some of the rooms are carpeted anyway.
    The next things I brought in were a bottle of oil, a loaf of bread and a bottle of wine. (To symbolize prosperity, and always plenty to eat and drink.) After getting everything else moved in and pretty much arranged I hung my protective amulets and smudged the house with sage to remove any possible lingering negative energy.
    That evening was a full moon, so the perfect time to do ritual and prayers for the Mother's blessings on our new living space.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We do a basic cleansing as well. We smudge the whole place and ask that all negativity leaves. We also do a banishing spell to make sure it's all gone. After the cleansing, we do things to invite good vibes into our home.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Cleansing...I use a sage stick and cleanse the entire house and said a small, simple blessing as I did so.

There is a satchet of good luck and no harm that I wanted to use to put above my door when we moved into this house but I didnt have the funds to get the right herbs LOL. Next time though...
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sage smudge, salt the thresholds, put treats in all the rooms for fairies, gnomes, sylphs, and angels. Salt the perimeter of the property or sprinkle with holy water. DH does the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram (Golden Dawn method).

We repeat this quarterly more or less. We've lived here a while.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I like to use sagesmudging, salt, water, and prayer. Afterwards I use frankincense, myrrh, and patchouli all at once to finalize.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Not much difference here, we're all about the sage smudging, and I also hang these beautiful straw brooms I have over all the doors that lead to the outside. The brooms discourage malevolent spirits from entering, that's also the reason for the wind chimes at my doors.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2010