Sympathy pains? Why do I get them?

I'm being brave and truthful. But I'm always open and honest! I get what I guess are sympathy pains? Like today I can barely walk on my left foot! Watching Brett Farve play football? My sympathy pains? When ever I hear any friend has something I get it! Its not in my head for example. A friend had a breast lump. I've had it now for 2 months, the size of a guinea Egg. Someone has a back ache, sore throat, headache, migraine etc.. I seem to get it! Now I sound quite diusturbed! I'm putting myself out there for mean/cruel replies I guess. But truthfully this happens to me! I've been married long time to my same DH. He sees this! Sometimes when people or friends I know share their issues I'm like oh No. I listen with pure care and my kind caring heart. But then here I go. I have it. Its not in my head! Sad thing is we're jobless and have no insurance or help. Though I did pay for Badgercare back in October! Anyone else? Can I stop

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think you should seek professional counseling (seriously). Try to enrich your own life with activities and charity so you do not feel compelled to covet other people's attention.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 12:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Oh dear. I agree with the pp. Yikes.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 12:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If one has no insurance. How can they seek help? Each and every state and munincipality has their own resources or lack of.Ei.: in our area the funding to see a mental health counselor had a waiting list of one year. Then our country could no longer even afford that. So people with needs will have no place to go. This can't be good. Why do people assume others different have a mental health issue? Unless you indeed have skills in this profession. Even if reading a question. How can one diagonose this as a mental issue? I'd be interested on how one came to this statement. As for the OP. I have no idea what to do. Stop life, caring and helping others? Is that possible?GL.
    Anonymous

• I don't know how you can stop it but I have a friend who is the same way. It was funny because before we told him I was pregnant we went over to him house. He gave me a hug (like he always does) then looked at me and said, "Did you know you were pregnant?" What made it so funny though is that he had "sympothy" pains when I went into labor. His wife said he was laying in bed all day wondering how the hell women can do it.
    Anonymous