Is going grocery shopping every three weeks good or bad and budget of 200-250 dollars for three people

i buy american, chinese grocery so it different places and sometime i go indian store to buy stuff for indian food.
If i went to american grocery store i try to spend under 100 dollars and if i got chinese grocery i try to spend less then 50 dollars and indian store we just go every three months or when we need to get spice stuff.
i only go to indian store if i need to.
i try to spend 200 dollar or less for grocery that will last three weeks or so
i go market basket and chinese grocery store to buy the stuff we need or if go bjs to get carrots and milk

I try not to go every week to get grocery unless i need too..
i don really plan my meal either
we eat something different everyday.

mommytobe24

Asked by mommytobe24 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• That's actually really good! I spend about 130.00 every 2 weeks for 2 adults and one toddler.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Oh, but also included in that 130 are non grocery items like TP, detergent, diapers, toiletries, etc.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I spend a small fortune on groceries. If it works for you and the budget is affordable, who are we to disagree?
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 12:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I have a monthly budget of $400 for the 5 of us.

but we meal plan...

but definitely- if it works for you and your family - go for it!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• That sounds about right. We spend $60-80 a week for three, plus the occasional extra teen.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I meal plan. We shop every week and spend about $100. That does not include diapers, toiletries, and anything extra we may need that week. We are 2 adults, 2 teenage boys, and 2 younger boys, who all eat a lot!!
    klatshaw

Answer by klatshaw at 12:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• For three weeks 200-250 is good for three weeks. Hubbs and I spend about 150-180 every two weeks for groceries. Two Adults and two kids. Only one on solids. This includes diapers, wipes, etc. I think 200-250 is good for every three weeks, especially since you're not meal planning. You might save money if you meal plan.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2010