should I have another baby shower?

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant with baby number 4! I have 3 boys (9, 5 and almost 3)and have been told I am having a girl this time around. I had a small baby shower (about 20 people) for my oldest son, and my best friend keeps asking me if I am going to have a baby shower for this one since it is a girl. I would feel weird having a baby shower for my 4th child, but my oldest son is not my husbands biological child so none of his family came to my first one. I still have all the big items, I just dont have any infant essentials anymore since I thought #3 was it and not to mention any little girl clothes! Would it be wrong to have a shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it is wrong what so ever! This is a new baby and a girl this time around! Congrats! = ) Throw your shower.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You never, ever host your own shower. If she wants to throw one, so be it. I have 3 boys, one girl and my oldest is not my husbands- just like you. I had no shower, just a "Welcome baby" party I hosted after she was born. It cut down on visits after the birth and people brought gifts.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 12:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i dont think theres anything wrong with it im helping throwing mine in may sents not everyone have time to plan it and the money and i really want everyone to get together

i just dont have a clue where to start planing lol never had one or been to one
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I'd let someone throw me a shower. I wouldn't have an after baby is born party. I don't like people around newborns but that's just me.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think that all new babies should have their own shower. If the best friend wants to throw one, I'd say fine. But you may want to make it a 'celebration' for the new baby. Then if people want to bring gifts, then so be it.
    If a friend of mine had a shower in this case I'd go
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Since you are having a girl, then YES! I didn't have one with my first (She's 19 now), I did with my 2nd (he's 20 months), and I am pregnant with my 3rd now and he's a boy, so no shower this time around.....

If I were having a girl, I would still feel uncomfortable having another shower so soon after my 2nd....so I know how you feel!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If your friends want to do it, that's great but you should never throw your own shower. IMO, that's like asking for gifts.

Answer by missanc at 1:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010