what to do when wave of morning sickness strikes!

I dont know wether its bad genes or if i'm just cursed, but the first trimester is HELL (stress on every letter) nausea keeps striking all day and its been 2 months and suicide is starting to not sound that bad, ITS THAT BAD. please give me tips, dont know how much more i can take. migraines never end and everything tastes nasty.i throw up all day n my doctor gave prescribed medicine to make it easier for those who really need it, but it isn't helping. any magic old wives tales tips would do.. THANKS

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got like that. You can get through it. You really can.

1. Seabands wrist bands-- $12 @drug store. Wear them constantly.
    2. Lavender oil on your wrists and behind your ears.
    3. If you wear contacts, take them out and put on your glasses
    4. Ginger dressing on steamed rice was the only thing I could keep down for weeks. Like the dressing you can get at a sushi place. The grocery sells it with the salad in the cold case.
    5. No fruits or raw veggies in the AM- the vitamin C turned my stomach and ruined my day.
    6. Suck on TUMS. Don't chew. Just suck on them slowly.
    7. Blow your nose first thing in the AM-- sinus drainage was really barfing me out. A humidifier might help too.
    8. For migraines- sniffing a little cayenne pepper powder actually works. It drains the sinuses and stops the pain recptors in about 7 seconds.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Ginger is supposed to help. Putting ginger on everything will help. For the migraines, try a heating pad or heated towel at the base of your skull where your neck and head meet.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• wow..you are NOT alone..Im 3 mths and ive had the worst sinus headaches that dont stop an nausea. so dnt feel alone! try ice, cool rags, tyelonol. try putting the ice on the back of ur head then alernate between ur neck too. also get someone to massage ur feet (paying attention to ur toes) and massage ur temples-the pressure will hurt a bit, but it will releave some tension. caffine will help somewhat too, but dnt over do it.

for ur nauesea, try heating pad on ur belly, reg tums are safe to take..good luck!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Ginger helps alot. like the pickled ginger you can get it in the orential or the pickle isle of the grocery store. i usually eat it when i get sushi. it also helps with heart burn
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010