i dont know what to do! SAHM help?

i've been up for 2 hours with DS and i'm already bored. i'm depressed and i sleep when it gets bad. cant go outside cuz the weather sucks. but i really have NOTHING to do. DS doesnt make a mess other than the bedroom- which he cleans. dishes are rarely used (2 bowls, 1 plate, 2 cups throughout the ENTIRE day so they are done at night). the house is clean... i just really have no idea what to do and the more i DONT do anything- the more i'll slip into depression, the more i'll sleep and just not want to wake up.

i just wish i had a list of things to do each day, cuz there's really NOTHING that needs to be done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try looking into playgroups. I'm going to start this week with at least one of the groups I have found. I also go to the mall to exercise and get a change of scenery. There are actually a lot of SAHM's there doing the same thing in the winter.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 12:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You need to engage your child. Don't be afraid of the weather- go outside, go shopping- do something. Join a playgroup (on cafemom or meetup.com), join a gym, enroll him in preschool, go to the library, a museum.. something.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 12:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Get out of the house! go walk around a mall. Go to a library. Go to a musuem (many have free days; some libraries have passes that you can check out). Cook. Bake. Do a craft project.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• There HAS to be something that has been on the back burner for a while. How about scrapbooking, a DIY project in the home, go stroller walk around the mall, clean out a neglected closet, rent a special movie for you and DS can enjoy together (make popcorn), plan a special meal for dinner that takes some prep, etc. I know what ya mean though, its difficult to get motivated when the weather is bad.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You definitely need to get out of the house. Like others, I've joined a playgroup, go to the mall, go to a storyhour (most libraries and/or bookstores have them). I even know of a local McDonald's that has a well maintained playarea that people go to! have a coffee, chat with another mom, etc. Try new crafts or games with your child. You can find lots of ideas on the web (I readily admit that this isn't my thing but you never know!). Be careful how much you let weather limit you. I've been known to take my son outside on drizzly days as long as it isn't really cold! Experiencing rain and puddles can be fun. Just get changed when you come in if you're wet. If none of this helps, seek counselling jiust in case it's more than just boredom that's getting you down..
    Anonymous

• I take my daughter to the library for storytime, gymnastics, & enrolled her in preschool two mornings a week. The biggest thing that helped me was joining the gym. I don't need to lose weight but it just makes me feel so good & refreshed. It is so good for you emotionally. And my daughter loves going & staying in the nursery & playing with other kids. There has to be something that needs to be done around the house. I am always finding a drawer or cabinet to clean out, washing light fixtures & curtains, vaccumming all the furniture. And you also need to play with your child. You could do crafts or color. I also have one day a week where we go out to eat lunch & one day that we get ice cream! Staying home is a hrd job but make the best of it & enjoy it for he will be grown before you know it! Best of luck!
    Anonymous

• sounds like me. i havenoc ar, no firends, i do take dd outside and play with her a lil and stuff. but i hate staying home!! i feel like am nothing more than a walking uterus. right now dh got me the wii resort so that made things a lil better but what iwant is job!! i need to get out of this house staying home is making me feel like shit all the time. and i know dd wnats to go to school. she isalways asking me to atke her.(she has gone to daycare a few times) but right now i cant.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• This is a wonderful time in life to take an online college course, or two. Even if you already have a degree, there are so many classes available that something will probably interest and benefit you.
    aurorab

Answer by aurorab at 1:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2010