Are there certain nicknames that moms have for kids that annoy you?

Most nicknames I think are cute, but I just can't stand when people call their children "stinky." I don't know what it is, but before I was a mom I always promised myself that I would never call my kid stinky and I don't.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband's grandmother calls our children "varmints" and I abhor it. I ignored it the first couple times, then I asked her not to call them that,  but I finally lost it one day. I told her that they are not disgusting, disease-carrying creatures, and if she refers to them as varmints again, she will not be able to be around them.

She got really offended, and has only seen them once since.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Bubba is pretty bad.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 12:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I call my son pooterhead... is that bad? lol
    Anonymous

• My 3 yr old's biological mom calls one of her sons Bubba and I hate it. What was the point of naming him? I call my baby stinky when she makes stinkies lol. Other than that I call our 8 month old Pumpkin, and our 3 year old Munchkin.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Nope. I mind my own business. It only annoys me if it affects me personally. What somebody else calls their children is none of my concern I have my own life and my own children.
    Anonymous

• I hate when people call their kid monkey....monkeys throw poop at eachother and have fleas. I HATE when people are trying to dicipline their child and they fail to use their given name. It' seems to lack authority or seriousness.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• booger, stinky, cry baby. There are a few.
    Anonymous

• People get aggrivated with me calling my 2 yr old "Booger". But I never do it to be mean. I call her that in an endearing way (hard to explain) and as a joke because she can be so spiteful at times and laugh at you about it. Like running up behind me and popping me on the butt (she thinks she is "spanking" me, lol and we always chase each other and act like we are spanking each other and of course act like it hurts when she does it to us to make her laugh) and running away laughing... so I'll call her a "little booger" instead of "little brat" or something I feel is more hateful terminology. Also she ALWAYS has a runny nose (sinus problems that her doctor and I are diligently working to fix at no avail) so it works that way too, lol. She laughs at her nick name though.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I have my own life too anon. What was the point of your post? Go be miserable elsewhere.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Haha memigen. When my daughter was teething and drooling, we called her Drool Barrymore! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010