Do we really use the lables we put on eachother on cafemom in our daily lives?

Bad mom, good mom,
Oh my friend Jean she's a bf mom.....
My pro choice sister, I don't speak to her...
I'm not friends with people who bottle feed..
You are on WIC you are a horrible person etc.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I sure hope not! Lol I think it's silly to even do that on here.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My annoyance with the human race is not limited to the internet.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Nah.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• That's why I don't watch the news patsajak!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't, consciously. But in reality everyone does on a certain level. Now you may not refer to someone in that manner, out loud. But in your mind your saying "omg she's a bad mother" or "omg she bottle-feeds, I would never do that!" etc. If you say you don't you're lying to yourselves.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• no instead we use thing like high maintenance mom, soccer mom, dance mom, scout mom. I find where i live at least we are defined by what are children are active in and how active we are in those things. i get called the mom that does it all because i have my hand in everything my kids do. Some of my friends just refer to me as crazy.

There are also the Parent club moms aka PTA, the mcdonalds moms (exclusive group of moms who hang out at mcdonalds every week lol no i am not joking) the gym moms (apparently i am one of those too now) the GP moms (gp is a local coffee/restaurant). There are many titles floating around where i live.

While we may not use the same labels that are used on cafe mom, most women apply labels to other women in daily life.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I may look at someone acting completely stupid and screaming at their kid in the store and say, "Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed." Does that count? lol Or see a 500 pounder in daisy dukes and a tube top and say,"Just because you can fit into it doesn't mean you can wear it." I have opinions on people, but not labels. Especially not if someone is being the best mother they know how to be, even if it's different than how I do it.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Thediva320, call me a liar but I never looked at people and how they feed their kids and thought of lableing them as a certain type of mom. I never even noticed how much moms disagreed on things until I came on here. Honestly. I am friends with women with all types of parenting styles and never thought twice about it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes I do. Not necessarily directly to the person (UNLESS THEY ASK), but I certainly do. However, I try to not be degrading and hateful and chalk everything up to simply, "stupid", "bad", "good", etc. I try to at least find reasons and have empathy......

But if you are a plain ol' effing B, then I call it as I see it...... :D tee hee
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Hmmm, no. Sadly though, I get most of my adult interaction through cafemom. As a stay at home mom with a toddler and a husband who works long hours all day pretty much every day, I don't speak with many other adults.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010