How many baby showers?

Do u have one baby shower per sex? like one when u have ur first boy an one when u have ur first girl? or just one shower all together? what if u have two boys? just one??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a shower for my first baby and that was it. Well except I had 2 for my first, a work shower and a friend/family shower, but I only had a shower for one baby. The only one of my friends who has had 2 showers had a second shower because there was a huge gap in the ages of her children (7 years I think) and she didn't have much for the new baby.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You have however many showers people want to throw for you.
    Anonymous

• It depends on your friends. Generally it's just one baby shower, for your first. But if you have a different set of friends when you have your 2nd or 3rd, etc they may give you a shower just because they haven't had one for you before.

Answer by missanc at 1:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• well it used to be the custom for everyone mom to have just 1. now the custom is changing and loads of people have one for each baby they have, no matter the sex. i think it all depends on if your friends/family want to throw you one. i'm pregnant with my 2nd and don't know the sex, but i think either way my mom is going to want to have a shower for me and i will be so grateful because we gave almost everything away (mostly to my sister who has since given it away) and don't have much $$$. :) i wouldn't want to throw myself a shower for a 2nd (or 3rd) child that's for sure. ;)
    Anonymous

• right..i was thinking maybe having a shower if it was a girl...because i had a boy for my first. and i wouldnt have a thing for girls. clothing and things wise. but i think it kinda would be pointless for me to have another one if i was having another boy..
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Most people say that its rude to have more than one baby shower. My sister had one with each sex for her first we had a huge one like over 100 people but for the second we only invited about 15 to 20 ppl and things went over well if its the same sex id say prolly only one
    ambarnhardt

Answer by ambarnhardt at 1:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010