Why do people who are anti abortion and pro adoption think it's that simple?

Don't get an abortion, just let me adopt it!! Really, it's not that simple. Sometimes women don't want to go through the emotional pain of seeing a child and giving it away. And why would you tell your pregnant friend you'll take the baby. The last thing that woman wants to see is you playing mommy with a baby they carried to term. Some women may not make it through something like that. Some people talk to pregnant women like they are baby factories getting rid of something they want. Who cares if it permanently emotionally damages the mom maybe even worse than an abortion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i agree with nicole. i was always ALWAYS pro life until a friend of mine came along. she was raped by a guy in her apt complex and denied her pregnancy until she was 4 months. i know nothing about abortion except i myself would never have one. she decided to have the child and give it up for adoption...but there were so many times where she was torn between loving the life inside her, hating it for what it was, and seeing a piece of her leave her forever. she is such a strong woman, but now i know not everyone has black and white circumstances. i think abortion should be used as a last ditch for women in distress, but not as an "oops". i think the plan b pill is useful in this scenario. however, being someone who couldnt get pregnant you cant help but feel like all those "lost" babies could have been yours. the gray area is so large and vast, that no opinions matter but your own in that situation.
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 1:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i think this is a touchy subject and you know it that's why you posted Anon.... I'm tired of people starting drama
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• How can performing a loving act emotionally damage someone more than killing their unborn baby? I don't understand.
    Anonymous

• I'm tired of seeing religious nutzos that believe an egg that just met sperm 10 minutes ago is life... for get DRAMA. these crazy people KILL licensed doctors that SAVE as many lives (you know, that consist of more than a mass of dividing cells) as they "take".

Adoption is NOT always the best option.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sorry, but I'm just going off what other people posted this morning. I didn't START anything.

Loving act? I think it's more selfish to have someone stay pregnant and watch a child grow inside their body month by month amd have a parents looming over them just waiting, making her feel like she can't parent and she's doing the right thing is soooo much better. It's easy for the person taking the baby to say it, not for the woman having the child removed from her arms. Not everyone sees a cluster of cells as a baby until a certain point.
    Anonymous

• When I was 16 I got pregnant. My boyfriend at the time was pressuring me to have an abortion. My older sister (7 years older than me) told me she would adopt my child....but she would have to be the mommy and her name on the birth certificate and all that....and at the time, she lived with me....I would not have been able to handle that...I would not be able to handle seeing MY child everyday and hear MY child call my sister mommy and me aunty, and have no idea I am that child's real mother. It wasn't that I didn't want the child....because I did more than anything...but my boyfriend at the time, gave me an ultimatum....either I get an abortion, or he kills me....so I ended up having the abortion. Adoption is NOT an option for me personally...I don't care what anyone's opinion is....it would hurt me MORE to give away my child than to have an abortion...I'm not saying I like abortion because it KILLED me to do that & still does
    Anonymous

• We all have the right to our opinions and whether it is easy or not, we arent trying to be rude or not understanding when we say can I adopt your baby or you should give it up for adoption. We are not in the people who have abortions shoes and cannot understand why anyone would want to kill their baby so we make suggestions to try to help out in what WE think and feel is right.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Obviously anon @115 has never witnessed the experience head on or you would know the answer to that. I held my dear friends hand while she decided to adopt instead of abort because some "friends" that wanted a baby would take it. So much more complex, and very very painful just watching. She has been in some heavy counseling and suffers from PTSD.
    Anonymous

• its not simple.. it would be the hardest thing a mom would have to do, but its not selfish.. & there would be no guilt of killing an innocent baby.. My aunt gave away her first she may never meet her daughter.. Her third child was adopted by her sister which was more painful to see her kid call her sister mom.. As moms we must do whats right , even if it hurts...
    In late 1999 I had no job, no home & a 1 1/2 yr old.. I asked my ex to take care of her temp. until I get on my feet because he has money he still has her & although I see her four times a week, I also have to say goodbye 3 times a week.. its painful that she isn't with me & that I have to fight over everything with my ex , but yet I hang in there never giving up because I love her..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry but I would NEVER tell a woman what she should do in that situation. It's not my place and only she truly knows her situation. I can share my personal experience, and be a shoulder to cry on thats it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010