Should I go back to school?

I got laid off in June and can not find a job. I have applied to over 500 jobs with no luck at all. I was thinking that I should go back to school but I dont know what I should study. Ideas????

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 1:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Education is always a great idea. Go to the library and pick up a copy of What Color is My Parachute.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Health care is in huge demand. I'm going to school for nursing and I know that I'll always have a job, as long as I want to work.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• What are your interests? Choose something you love. If you choose a field of study because you think you can make a lot of money but don't enjoy what you do, you will burn out and be miserable.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• all good advise. Also check to see if you qualify for government assistance due to being unemployed. There may be a quick training program that leads to an actual job. check with our unemployement/re-employment office.
    Anonymous