Anyone have children REALLY close together?

I have a seven year old, a seven month old, and now just found out I'm pregnant with our third! We're happy but a little over whelmed! What are the challenges and blessings you've faced?

luca4351

Asked by luca4351 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep! I will say it is insanity. Sorry to scare you but it is! I love it, and i'm damn proud of my kids, but it is a zoo in here! They say it gets better, so I'm hanging in there.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My youngest three are each 20mo apart from each other. I am an efficient multitasker. Our life can be an assembly line at times but we have some pretty good hand me downs, my 2yo and 3yo are the best of friends (they sleep in one bed together out of choice now.. the other bed sits empty right next to them). There are times when everyone is overly tired and cranky that it's just overwhelming to hear them all cry, but when they all get in the tub together or the boys work together it is really heartwarming. My sister and I were 18mo apart but were not very close emotionally. I really hope my children can remain as close as they are now.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My girls are 15 months apart. You know, it goes in cycles... when the little one was born it was much easier than I expected and it really was for a long time. Then there was a rough spell, then another easy one. Right now life is incredibly hard... they're 16 months and 2.5 years... but I know it will get better again... It's a lot of fun, too... they're starting to interact much more now, and I know they'll start entertaining one another one of these days... please, please?!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Son born 2/24/04--daughter 1/16/05--daughter 12/27/05... Its not that bad. A little loud though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• yeah my children are a year and a half apart ( boy 7, girl 6 ) My son was 9 months old when i got preggo, was a year and a half when i had my daughter.. He was barely walking, i had to carry the baby seat and help son walk.. it does get easier with time just keep telling your self that and enjoy the ride , <3 LOVE <3
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 1:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My older 3 kids are each a year apart (15 months and 13 months to be exact). Like someone else said there seems to be cycles. Some times things are just impossible trying to deal with kids of certain ages all at the same time but other times life seems to just flow. They are 9, 8 and 7 now and drive me nuts. I actually dream of the days they were toddlers. At least they played together nicely back then instead of all the fighting and screaming and carrying on. (They just got out of school and it's homework time and everyone is tired so I might just be venting or something, lol)
    I wouldn't change it, though. I can't imagine having them really far apart. My youngest is 3 1/2 years younger then #3 and it sucked when she was a baby and I'm due with #5 in July (#4 will be 4 then). I much preferred having the older 3 right in a row.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• my oldest 2 were eleven months apart, and now i have 8, it is crazy, busy, hectic and amazing. It takes a little time to get into a grove but once you do things tend to find a way of working.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010