any moms tried the enfamil bedtime formula? i'm thinking of switching my child to it but i'm affraid of what chemicals can be in the formula that make a child fall asleep. any one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was wondering the same thing. It just doesn't sound right to me. (Not the fact that you're considering it, but that they make a formula that makes babies sleep)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• All it is is a THICKER formula... It is designed to keep the baby fuller longer and the formula companies are marketing it to new moms who don't know that just because they are full doesn't mean the baby will sleep! It is a waste of money!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think its such an awful thing to be marketing to sleep deprived parents...look, you have a baby now and babys dont sleep well thats just a fact, trying to give them a thickened formula that could end up constipating them or causing stomach problems is NOT the answer to your sleeping woes!
    You could reading the no cry sleep solution for great ideas and tips on helping your baby to sleep, you could try co sleeping which usually helps babys feel safe and secure and thus sleep better being close to mom.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 1:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It is not good! It is thickened formula which is proven not to be effective for sleep or good for a baby without medical necessity. It is just another marketing ploy to make more money for the ever greedy formula companies. I still wonder when they are going to use all that money to improve formula so that people can feel safer giving their child all those chemicals. Using formula or thicker formula is not proven to help with sleep, if anything it is counterproductive and very unsafe. You do not want an infant to sleep too deeply due to the higher risk of SIDS.

Anonymous

• If you are giving your child conventional formula, your child is getting genetically modified, pesticide laden, soy and corn; I can't imagine much worse than these.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I had to research this for a mom. It is basically formula with rice cereal. I breastfeed, so take this with a grain of salt, but i would never give it to my kid. I have given formula when the need arose, I have no guilt about it, but I wouldn't use this. Ever.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Thanks for your help ladies. i'm mixing formula and breast milk with my son. i thought it wouldn't be a good idea whatever it is they use so its good to hear the same from you. again thanks fellow moms.
    brooklyns1mama

Answer by brooklyns1mama at 2:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I feed it to my son for his last bottle before bed. All it does is thicken a little in his stomach. It works really well for our family. My ds would wake up twice a night and only drink a few oz. at a time. Since we started the bedtime stuff, he only wakes up once and drinks a fuller bottle. He's much happier when he wakes up in the morning too. We didn't do it to try to make him sleep through the night, but to help with his eating pattern. I love it.

landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 3:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010