When do you start having a regular period after having a baby?

I had my baby 3 months ago and I still have not gotten a regular period. Does any one know when you're suppose to get your period back to normal. Just so you know I am breast feeding my baby & I am not on birthcontrol pills just using a condom everytime.

bri09

Asked by bri09 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You will not have a period while breastfeeding. I breastfed for 16 1/2 months and did not have one. In fact, my DD will be 18 months on Friday and I still have not gotten a normal one...just spotting. I think since I breastfed for so long, its taking a little longer for my body to get back to normal periods.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Every person is different. Some women do not get a period, some women spot and some women have a period. I breastfeed and I get a period at least one time per month, usually twice. I EBF'd my last son for 15mo and never missed a period until I got pregnant. Just because your period is absent does not mean you are not ovulating. Continue your birth control method and keep a back up supply of pads or tampons for when that day comes.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I breastfed and starting having regular periods when my daughter was two months old. Everyone is different...

Answer by rkoloms at 2:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It is different for everyone. My friend started 5 weeks after having her baby and she was exclusively breastfeeding. I also exclusively breastfeed and did not get a period for 14 months until I weaned my son.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010