at 27 weeks is a cervix measuring 1 cm ok?

whats that mean i really need help im scared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It means nothing at all. The opening to your cervix is about the width of a fingertip which is totally normal. You really have got to learn about your body. Please put aside some time to read a few diagrams and articles on the vagina.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Why are they even checking you at 27 weeks? Do you own a ruler. 1 cm is less than 1/2 an inch. 10 cm is 4 inches. You do need to learn about your body and about the process of birth. You also need to question why somebody is even checking you before 36-38 weeks.
    Anonymous

• its fine.

I was dialated 3cm for the last 6weeks of all three pregnancies.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• wow anon way to call someone out without the facts. Maybe they had reason to check her. I was high risk so I had to get checked starting at 28 weeks. But relax hun, 1 cm is very typical for your term. I was at five cm at 32 weeks, now that was scary! You'll be okay I promise! Unless doctor says he's concerned, you are ok.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• uts fibe i was 4cm at 28 wks with my dd . i was 2cm at 24 wks. and i had her at 38 wks.

piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2010