Going RED in a couple weeks from Blonde.... & what to do with my eyebrows??

On February 6th I have an appt to GO RED! ( Auburny Red). I am naturally a dark blonde. The most I have ever really done to my hair is highlight it so this is going to be a big change for me. I haven't had any highlights or anything done to my hair for over a year.

My first ?? is what would you do with light eyebrows. They are pretty light, even with my natural hair color they barely stand out they are so light. Do people dye eyebrows....will my hairdresser do this? Or do I just get an eyebrow pencil and use that? Any good brand suggestions for this??

Also, make up? I have brown eyes usually wear, pinks,purples and browns. Any color suggestions there??

Thanks in advance!

Nika75

Asked by Nika75 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You eyebrows may be fine the way they are. If not try a shade of eyeshadow a shade darker than natural and line your brows. Also, make sure you stylist repigments you or your red pigment will wash right out because you are blond. As a professional I'm warning you, red is the hardest to keep in your hair and the hardes to get rid of when you don't want it anymore. So make sure you have a great stylist for such a huge change. Have fun!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Use an eyebrow pencil. A hairdresser can dye your eyebrows but doing it at home can result in blindness.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sorry typo! Make sure your stylist repigments your hair or the red won't stay. If you decide you hate it, the red stain is hard to remove. lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I do the auburn. My sister talked me into doing blond highlights on top bc I'm getting thin up there and she thinks that will detract. I like the auburn though. My brows are dark but I have colored them. Tell the hairdresser you want them done. You can always try the pencil before you go and see if that will work for you. Remember that auburn fades out quickly so you will be getting this done more often than other colors. (or so has been my experience) Colors: I stick with all shades of browns and greens and even go white in winter. I'm not big on pink or purple. You will have to put the outfit on and see for yourself if it works. They don't work for me but it could be my skin tone and not my hair color.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Steff107: what is repigment? that's probably why my color never stays!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I've done this same thing before, and my stylist put a little of the dye on my brows, she didnt NOT leave it in as long as on my head but enough for it to get a little of the color to match.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2010