I've been tempted to cheat on my hubby to be ....?Is it because Im trying to become Christian?

Hello All.
today I will hide my identity as I am shameful for what I am to share with you
I've been with my " hubby" for 5 years now, and about 2 years ago. I kinda cheated on him, with a young man I had a crush on in H.S .... we started texting eachother dirty messages, and saying " I luv you's" and at one point I performed oral sex on him for 2 minutes. at this time, My hubby and I were not in a stable relationship, we were kinda trying to break up but we didnt really want to. The " Love affair" lasted about 4 months or so. and Then I realized that I didnt want this for myself or daughter. I realized I really loved my hubby ..... long story short. I forgot about the other man, and we lived happy. I've never dared to tell my fiance' what happened,now I have accpeted Christ into my heart and will be baptized, but I sudenly get urges to be unfaithful, why now? please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes it could have something to do with your religion!! There are SEVERAL stories in the Bible of people being tempted by Satan to ruin their lives as they got closer to God. Stay close to your God and he will pull you through. Maybe look up some storys where this happened.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• well, I'm Jewish, but I doubt if it has anything to do with becoming Christian. Maybe you are just finding your life to be limiting.
    Try some steamy novels, maybe that will help you feel like you are able to look outside the box with your mind
    Anonymous

• You cheated on him two years ago. It isn't a sudden occurrence or anything new.
    Anonymous

• This has nothing to do with your religion. It has to do with the fact that you are a human being with a sex drive and urges. You need to just get control of them and not put yourself into situations where you would be tempted.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 2:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yeah the devil tries hardest to win back those he is closest to losing...draw near to God and he will draw near to you.
    Anonymous

• youre being tempted!
    Anonymous

--------------------------

I agree, satan doesnt want you to draw close to Jehovah. Just fight the urges, pray and remember your love for your fiance and daughter.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The devil loves to toy with the past , its all he knows... you need to break soul ties with this person... you are in a sense one with this person spiritually and have become tied.

As for telling your husband... well not telling him is like lying to him. Yes he may hurt but you can get the counseling and restoration you need. When you did what you did... you broke covenant with your spouse. You need to have that restored. :-)

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Just because you feel tempted doesn't mean you have to give into it. This is really just self destructive behavior. Maybe your getting worried about getting married. Deal with the relationship you are in now.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Think of losing your husband, do you still want to cheat?
    Anonymous