*HELP*: My seven month old daughter hates ALL fruits and veggies!!!

We've tried baby food, mashed up big kid food, little bits of whole food!!!! Is there anything else I can give her or is this something that she'll just hopefully grow out of???

luca4351

Asked by luca4351 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your child is seven months old. She is not doomed for a life without fruits and vegetables. She may not even be ready for solid foods. The thing with children is that you just keep offering it to them until they acquire a taste for it.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 2:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• She may just not be ready for solids yet.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Keep offering them to her, she will take them when she's ready. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Okay, I'm a mom of three and I know that my daughter loves eating food. Is there anyone out there that can give me helpful advice on how to incorperate more foods into her diet? I got the other two to eat fruits and veggies with no problems.
    luca4351

Answer by luca4351 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Thanks stepmom929!
    luca4351

Answer by luca4351 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Well, since she's so young, I'd just cut every thing else for a while. She'll eat it. Keep offering. She's not really getting anything good from just grains. The fruits and veggies are what she needs at this age.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sounds like my ds. i started food at 6 mts and he ahetd. so i try again at 8 mst still hated it so i said screw it and went to tablefood. heis almsot 1 1mts and eats almsot evrything i cook plus his botlles.sometime she will eat applesauce but is very rare
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My baby is just starting out on food at six months. She's been doing pretty good when, we mix the fruit or vegetable with oatmeal or rice cereal. Maybe just start out mixing a little bit at a time and increasing the amount.
    lala9

Answer by lala9 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Breastfed babies tend to be less picky about food because they get the tastes of food in breastmilk. Human milk is always tasting different. Formula just tastes bad all the time. If your baby is a formula baby it isn't unusual. That's why they used to add so much sugar, salt, and even worse stuff to jar food.

Don't give your baby junk food. Keep offering a variety nutritious real food. Try things you may not eat like yams or avacados but babies are known to like.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010