TTC & ovulated CD 21...spotting & cramps 7-8DPO

Until a few months ago, my cycles had always been 28 days, like clockwork. Haven't been on BC in years.

Strangely, they started alternating; 26 and 28 days. The last four months or so have alternated.

This cycle, I actually used an OPK since I didn't know if that alternation was indicative of ovulating at different times...and whaddya know, I od on CD 20-21.

Here's where my question comes in - I started cramping and spotting 7DPO - I wonder if this is AF or if this is Implantation?

Started with mucousy red, then some thick brown...and mostly stayed thick brown, then went away. It's gone! It lasted about 36 hours total.

What do you think?

I would have thought that if I o'd that late I wouldn't get an actual period until 12-14 DPO.

Very wierd. I will just keep testing but am hanging on to that glimmer of hope! If this is not my cycle I guess I will just keep tracking and watching for when

drea29

Asked by drea29 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• mine were 28 days and now 25 t0 28 days. lol. yesterday was my ov day. so we're in the same boat i would wait a few more days then test.k Good Luck :D
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 3:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Thanks so much for the response!

How long have your cycles been like this? I only just noticed that I ovulated late. It's tough because it could be a one time thing, or it could be how I always ovulate. In which case, I could have a short luteal phase, or maybe I just ovulated late because of stress...I guess only time will tell now!

Best of luck to you - keep me posted on how things go for you!
    drea29

Answer by drea29 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• um well i was on BC the whole time i was in HS lol. but from oct 09 when i got off the nuva ring they are pretty regular. i think thats my prob is i have a short luteal phase too.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010