do you think a baby story is like crack for pregnant women??

My 2 year old son naps the 1 1/2 block that A Baby Story is on... I always have big plans to start my "nesting" (I am 34 weeks preg) at this time- but I end up watching all 3 episodes, munching on whatever sweet snacks I can find and crying in anticipation instead. How 'bout you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol i hate that show, its horribly staged lol
    Anonymous

• nope- I was TERRIFIED by all of the UNNECESSARY 'interventions', drugs, and the control taken away from these women in the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes, in the fact that it's bad for you. It seems like no one on that show can breastfeed. I refuse to accept the notion that the women wherever that show is being filmed are so incapable of what is probably the most natural thing a person can do. If it's true than formula companies are thwarting Darwin at an unimaginable rate. That show annoys me.
    Anonymous

• ROFLOL My oldest (who was 3 at the time) was addicted to that show when i was pregnant. We had to watch everyday now 9 years later when i make comments about it he turns red and says shuuussshhhh lol. I offered to turn it on the other day for him and he just walked away shaking his head.

I loved it and i was addicted to it also, you just cant help but want to watch all baby shows all the time when your pregnant.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i agree with anon. it's horrible for you! and i would watch it too if i had that channel/was home at the time. so many risky interventions, very few natural births. it's kind of sad really. but so is crack addiction!
    Anonymous

• i like it. =)
    Anonymous

• Ugh, I hate it. Since I don't want any of the hospital mess, it just makes me irritated and sad.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I hate those shows, they show birth like a train wreck and it doesn't have to be that way at all, last time i watched an episode i was so annoyed that i changed channels after 10 minutes.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• That show is stupid and i dont watch it.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• it is sad. it's always "ok we're just going to get some pitocin going to speed thing along" then 5 minutes later "baby's heartbeat doesn't look so good" then 5 minutes later "you're going to have to have a c-section" =(
    Anonymous