Gods plan?

How does Gods plan work with free will? ...if people have free will then couldn't one go against Gods plan? And if it's impossible to go against Gods plan then are one's actions still their own?

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• the free will thing makes no sense to me either...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• people go against God's will all the time. He can control, but he gave us free will
    Anonymous

• The whole idea of free will makes no sense if God has an overall plan. If everything is God's plan, then there really is no such thing as free will is there? Sorry, but I agree with OP, this part of doctrine makes no sense at all. I believe in God, but I have no idea if he has a plan, created us to be perfect, or what. I think God is so mysterious and our lives are more or less intended to be a learning experience that is personal to each individual to reach enlightment.
    Anonymous

• good ?- Yes we have free will.. & yes he has a plan.. No our free will doesn't interfere with his plan because he uses both good & bad for his purpose. plus he knows what we are going to do..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I dont think God has a plan like a blue print of do this do that to evry detail, I think that he wants us to glorify him in all that we do
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• if he knows what we are going to do, then it is predestined, and by definition, free will can not exist.

however, if one believes that free will does in fact exist, then there must not be an omnipresent being overseeing EVERY aspect of our lives.

I love hearing people contradict themselves in an effort to defend their religion... it is quite amusing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think of it this way: God knows us inside and out...and he knows our characters well enough that he knows what choices we'll make with our free-will before we even make them.

It's like when I go to the Spaghetti Factory with my husband, I know him well enough that I know he will order the clam sauce. I don't force him to, or take away his ability to make the choice all on his own...I just know him well enough to know that's what he'll get.

Anonymous

• i dont think God has a specific set plan. i think God knows what the outcome is going to be for the choices we make.

example: i have the free will to chose if im going to study for a hard test or hang out w/ my friends. God knows if i chose to study that i will pass my test. He also knows that if i chose to hang out w/ my friends that i will fail the test. God doesnt care if i pass or fail the test, He has no plan for me to pass or fail, but He knows the outcome no matter what choice i make.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I dont know if this will help but I will try: Lets start with the first story in the bible dealing with free will, Adam, Eve, and the tree of life in Genesis. If God knew the outcome of Adam's free will, it would have been cruel and not very God-like for him to doom us from the start. To offer such a desireable thing to Adam and Eve and to know beforehand to be unreachable is a terrible act.

But then again, for him to not know all matters would mean that He is imperfect. Maybe he CHOSES not to know in some instances???
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• if he knows what we are going to do, then it is predestined, and by definition, free will can not exist.--

look at it this way: you give your teenager the option to make up his own mind about, IDK..staying out all night with his friends, although you've told him you'd rather him come home by midnight. now, you gave him a choice to make up his own mind, and your reason for having him home at a 'decent' hour are valid (because you care for his safety, etc.)..but in your heart, you know he will choose to stay out as late as the fun lasts--who wouldn't?? he isn't 'predestined' to stay out or come home..he's predestined to make up his own mind. free will, in a nutshell.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2010