Always extremely thirsty?

I have four wks left in my pregnancy. I'm constantly really thirsty. My glucose screening results were perfectly normal and all my urine samples have been fine. I know I get enough to drink cus I drink water like no tomorrow and nosh on ice chips all the time. I get at least and sometimes more than 80 fl oz a day (four refills in my bottle) of just water, plus usually some juice during the day and I'm STILL always really thirsty. Is it normal? Or am I miscalculating the amount I should be drinking? The bathroom is already my most lived in room in the house lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's normal during pregnancy. You will even dream of drinking water. They always told me how well hydrated I was when I went in and I just said " I can't help it, I'm just so thirsty" Drink as much as your body is demanding you to, it's neccessary and normal.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• well... i dont want to scare you but when that happened to me my doc was happy i was drinking all that water. but then my fluids dropped and i wanted more water. the baby was huge and they said the low water is a result of that.... it was actually that his poor kidneys didnt work. i had to drink all the water for him and me, and compensate for the fact that he was swelling and absorbing all the water... watch your fluid levels. if you are super thirsty and your stomache gets hard or your water levels are low demand an echo of the kidneys. best of luck to you!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yeah I was like that too. All I did was drink water and pee every 5 minutes. Staying hydrated during pregnancy is essential to the health of your child.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010