Do you believe the bible is the infallable word of God? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I think too many cooks spoil the soup and thats how it is with the Bible. Too many people put their hands and ideas into it to not have mistakes all over the place.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• With all these religion Q's today, I think you ask your pastor or find a church to explore these Q's with.
    Anonymous

• no because God controls some people's thoughts but not everyone's brains.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely!
    For several reasons...
    I have studied the history of the Bible.
    I have studied the Bible itself....and continue to do so.
    I have faith in God to provide us useful instrucion.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I do, 100%. The Bible is God's word - our instruction book for life. The promises of eternal life and grace and reassurance in Him.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I find it hard to believe that someone who really researched the history of the bible still found it to be the infallable word of God. You obviously didn't research it enough.
    Anonymous

• If that were true there would be far more people in agreement on everything within any single religion that believes in God in addition to all of the people in that specific reiigion working together in sync nationally, and worldwide, There are 'factions' of national religions and random people of national religions who disagree with every teaching from the bible and there in itself is the doubtful word of God.

Centuries of life have not followed the bible's words.

Anonymous

• Yes. Its my answers my questions on our beginning, present, and our future. 2 Tim 3:16
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No I don't. Research of the bible's writing, construction and contents will show it simply can't be. The Council of Nicaea had over 200 books to choose from when establishing the current cannon, out of those they chose just 66. Those 66 books, even at the time of there inclusion, were questionable in some cases, but were included because those in attendance felt they fit the needs of the day both religiously and politically. The formation of the bible was more of a political move than religious, and as we see, it worked. The bible has numerous contradictions and although SOME of the historical record from the OT can be proven, there are many stories that are simply other versions of earlier myths from other religious beliefs. The majority of what is contained in the bible can be traced back to the beliefs and traditions of other (non-Israelite) cultures of the day including Babylon and Egypt (among others).

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Nope. Even if I believed in God, which I don't. One must keep in mind that man wrote the Bible and thus inorporated their own personal beliefs into it. Not to mention the loads of books which aren't in the Bible and the number of mistranslations that have occured as well.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010