Clothing

I'm about to take my DD shopping for spring/summer outfits. She turned 3 a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if anyone else thinks Gymboree and boutique clothing are a little too cutesy now? I thnk Gap is a bit mature looking though. What are you dressing your 3 year olds in?

MoonLover06

Asked by MoonLover06 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I put my three year old (almost four) in mostly Children's Place and Old Navy. I don't like Gymboree because of the absurd prices, however, my daughter got an outfit from there for Christmas from a friend and it is adorable. I don't mind dressing three year olds in cutesy clothes, but I normally put mine in jeans and polos, T-shirts, etc.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• TARGET!!! :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• old navy and childrens place. but walmart has some excellent looking and quality clothes.

gymboree...is so overdone and expensive.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I LOVED Gymboree when she was little. My favorite collections are from the year she was born so I can buy those used and it's not too expensive. I just worry about her looking too cutesy because she's 3 and can fit some 12 months but mainly wears 12-18 months.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I shop at Target for my kids' clothes. My youngest is almost 4 and her favorites are the stretchy, flared pants they have. She has a bunch in all sorts of patterns and colors. I could never afford Gymboree or Children's Place or Gap or even Old Navy. 90% of what I buy is off the clearance racks for a couple bucks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We usually shop at Target, Old Navy, and Children's Place. Their styles seem to change appropriately with their ages/sizes.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• justanotherjen, TCP is actually pretty cheap. I think it's cheaper than Target.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I never really shopped at gymboree but I know what you mean about stuff being too cutesy I started to take the frills and stuff down a notch now that my daughter is a little older (almost 3). Old Navy is always good, gap kids is good too, but my daughter still ruins clothes so easy I try to keep her clothes cute and cheap. I buy a bunch of stuff at target and cheaper stuff at children's place for everyday play and have a couple nicer outfits for going out.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I usually get my 3yr old's clothes from Target or Kmart, and a neighbor of my mom. The clothes from her are usually from higher end kid stores like gap, gymboree, childrens place....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't think they are too cutesy! My DD just turned 4 & I still buy her clothes from Gymboree. I like the fact that they have matching shoes, tights, bows etc. for their outfits. And that they have so many different items in each line. That way I can buy the shoes & bow that match several mix & match outfits instead of just one outfit. I love the cutesy clothes though, my daughter dresses very trendy & girly! I like GAP but to me it gets a little grunge/tree hugger looking! I also like SOME of the children's places clothes & they are very reasonably priced. I buy alot of used boutiques / Gymboree / GAP off of ebay & that way I am not paying the store price. I always sell her clothes on ebay & make most of my money back & sometimes make more than what I paid for the item. I would rather her buy her name brand clothes & make some money back then buy the cheap ones that you have to end up giving away!
    Anonymous