since when did they change the laws on low housing?

my husband up and left so i went to apply for low housing, there is a 3 to 4 month waiting list..i plan on paying that much rent with my income tax check so i thought ill be good till then..wrong..i want to apply for housing and the lady wouldnt give me an app casue im still married. im in the process of getting court ordered child support but she said those papers arent good enough that when i get the divorce decree then i can apply for housing. i dont know what im gonna do when the tax money runs out. and i have to file divorce thru legal aide and that takes at least 6 months to get paper work started. she said the child support papers wont mean anything..even though the judge wont grant child support unless we are serperated...which we are in the process of doing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know anything about low income housing, but would they accept a separation agreement? That would be quicker to get than the divorce.

Answer by missanc at 3:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• can you look for income restricted apartments?
    anyone can apply for those.
    Anonymous

• I would have gotten on the waiting list as a married couple. By the time your name came up you may have had it all taken care of. I've never known it to only take a few months on a waiting list.
    Anonymous

• op here

the section 8 apartments are only 2 bedroom and i have 3 kids, i looked into that and they said i can have that many people in that small of a place, and as far as putting married on the app..my husband makes 15 an hr so we wouldnt even qualify, and the separation papers arent good enough for them it has to be divorce papers. i just better hope and pray i get a good paying job soon, but then if i make too much i wont get help with daycare, so then i still wont be gaining anything cause ill be working to pay child care....

now i see why some women here hook up with random guys while they are waitng on divorce papers , they wouldnt be able to make it if they didnt...but im not about to find some guy to support me...im done with men for awhile now
    Anonymous

• I have a friend who has been on a list for Section8 for over a year here in Iowa. Why does it take 6 months to get paperwork started thru Legal Aid?? WOW I had my attorney and paperwork done within 2 weeks.
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• OP I wasnt talking section 8
    they have regular apartments that are just run with income limits
    Where do you live city and state please?
    Anonymous

• I live in apartments that are credit housing. The govenment pays the company to keep the rent low. WE have a 3 bedroom for 741 a month , and they were built 3 years ago. So in very good condition.
    Anonymous