if you found out that your child is handicapped

If you could find out while you were pregnant that you were going to have a child that would have a handicap such as blind, deaf, down syndrome, autistic.... would you A) terminate pregnancy B) keep your baby its a blessing C) give it up for adoption

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would keep my baby. My 12 year old has autism and he's wonderful. He has really taught me not to take anything for granted and to appreciate the small victories in life.

Answer by missanc at 3:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• B
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Keep it....it is mine and a handicap wouldn't be it's fault, why punish my child, I see severely handicap kids all the time that give their parents much love and joy no matter what the circumstances..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• B. Both my kids are special needs, and I wouldn't trade them for the world!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would keep it. But that doesn't mean I would disapprove of other women deciding to have an abortion. As far as adoption?" It would not be an option....who would give up their child? Not me.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• B when I was pregnant with my third baby, thought I had breast cancer, biopsy negative. But told to know that abortion would have had to been done if I had cancer. For that pregnancy and each of my other pregnancies we refused amnio. Blood testing and screening through ultrasounds we had no problem with, positive results of a handicap, disability are not pushed harshly for abortion like amnio positive results are pushed for abortion.

My youngest now a teen I'm still prochoice since my first was young but some moms who need that option.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Without a thought B. Doesn't mean it will be easy and I will like everything that comes my way but I find any life to be a blessing.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 4:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Keep of course! My sister is deaf and I have several friends who have DS children and Autistic children. Abortion would never even cross my mind. These children have been blessings to their parents and in some cases to me.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• B
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010