house chores

let me start off my saying i love my husband but when it comes to house chores he has to be told to pick up around the house he does it but i dont want to have to tell him i feel like his mom are there any other moms going through this how do i fix it

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Most men did not grow up with the expectation that they would have to do house chores. Most men of today grew up with their moms doing the house chores, so if you want him to do them, I think you will have to keep asking him to do them. What is modeled in the home is the way men perceive that their homes will also be. That's a very hard thing to change!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I guess I don't even care if my hubby helps with house chores or not, never made a big deal about it. He absolutely will not do dishes so I made an agreement with him. I will do all dishes all the time and he will vacuum all the time. I think because it's "machine like" that vacuuming is manly, LOL. Also, my kids are grown and out of the house so it's just the two of us, and I just really don't care if he helps or not. Sometimes I ask him to help me make the bed because it is so big and easier with two people doing it. Other than that, I like to clean my house so I just go for it. And yes, I work outside the home full time. It just works for us is all.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You keep telling them till they get it right! They are worst than kids sometimes!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• my husband doesnt clean up anything. he leaves his clothes where he takes them off. he leaves his dishes where he finishes eating or drinking. he doesnt pick up anything. sometimes he will take his dirty dish and sit it in the kitchen. which really just pisses me off more. like why the F did you bring it in the kitchen if you werent going to put it in the dishwasher!!!!????!!!! it makes me mad and i sometimes tell him to clean up after himself or say things like "if you want a maid you better hire one, bc there isnt a maid working here!" but i guess i have to remind myself that he does do things like change the air filters, fix the toilets, take care of the lawn, ect. i dont do any of that. so reminding myself that keeps me sane. but it still bothers me that he cannot clean up after himself.
    Anonymous

• Are you a SAHM?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• what does it matter if she is a sahm?
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 4:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• my dh believes all household duties are my job and not his job. it wasn't until i was nearly on bedrest pregnant with twins that he had to do a lot more than just help! now he doesn't complain, he understands that when you have a lot of kids you can't always have a neat and tidy home! and he will help now, but i have to ask!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I do all the house work and the kids have a few chores to do too I'm a sahm and my job is to clean the house and raise the kids hubby's job id to make money and pay the bills
    Anonymous

• roommate chart

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i cant say i do my hubby help we take turns on everything around the house but we both work full time i clean alittle more but with me being preg and have morning sickness i didnt see how much i really keep up around here but we also said inside it mostly my job and out side is his he loves landscaping so but work together on house stuff for the most part
    Anonymous