2 month old sleep

my dd will sleep on someone but the min. we but her in her crib she starts crying there is nothing wrong with her (changed ,feed)i have tried everything from turning on music to sleeping with her blanket so it gets my smell and warm. is she to young to put her in and let her cry for a few min.

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. Try a swing or bouncer.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 3:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• swings worked great on both of my daughters around that age. also try putting her in a bouncer. you can sit on the couch and put the bouncer down in front of you on the ground and put one foot on each side and bounce her to sleep. my youngest fell asleep like that untill around 18 months..lol
    blondie12587

Answer by blondie12587 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i am not having trouble putting her to sleep its moving her into her crib
    sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think there's a big difference between them "fussing" for a few minutes and then screaming. If they are screaming - yes, it's too young. But at 2 months I did let mine fuss for a few minutes (5-7 mins) if that's what they needed to settle themselves into sleep.

Answer by missanc at 4:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes, 2 mos is too young to be left to cry alone in a cold crib. If you are not interested in cosleeping, I don't really have much other advice for you because that is what worked for us.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We use to have the same problem, as my baby gets older it has gotten easier to put her to sleep. We've figured out how she likes to be held before she falls asleep and then let her get into a position that she's comfortable in. Even if it means a little bit of fussing.
    lala9

Answer by lala9 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• You are putting her down at the wrong point in her sleep cycle. Babies have much shorter sleep cycles than adults do. If you are going to move her or put her down. Watch for the limp limbs. relaxed fingers, and deep steady breathing which indicates that she is in DEEP sleep. If you put her down then she will stay asleep.

And just so you know, she is crying because there IS something wrong. It is scary to be alone when you are that small. the world is vast and she has no concept of time. She cries because she is hardwired to. She cries in order to bring rightness back to her world -- your arms. :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2010