I know God has a plan for me...

but why can't he just smack me in the face with it?

Does the bible really say patience is a virtue??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• no, it doesn't.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't think so. It could be that you're praying, possibly, for an answer from God of a solution in front of you instead of praying for guidance in different ways (more rest, no headaches, etc.) to find your solution. Try the second one. It's brought me much more peace than when I used to pray for a God handed solution.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• the Quran does.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 4:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Hebrews 6:11 "So that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith patience inherit the promises."

Wow I think that may be a favorite scripture of mine from now on. lol Inherit the promises....So God has something in store for you it sounds like. Let the bible keep encouraging you.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• * faith and patience
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• mommymeg03 lol

good

sometimes all I can do is laugh and say we plan...God laughs

I heard that on 7th heaven once

Anonymous

• If He were to show you the entire plan then how would that build your character and teach you how to love and walk in grace, mercy , compassion and to forgive and repent? Also I personally believe if I saw the whole plan I would freak out majorly! :-) It would be too big for me to handle.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sometimes we sit around waiting for this "big plan" but the little things in life are all part of His plan. The little every day things we do, how we speak, how we love, how we care for others, how we parent, how we repect our husbands and neighbors.....all of those "little" things are all part of the "big" the plan.
    Anonymous

• Well said anon :52.

I'll just add this - if you're doing what you need to to stay in-tune with the promptings given through the Holy Ghost (including those little every-day ones) you WILL be guided to know what you should do in your life.

Just practice that whole "recognizing when the spirit communicating to you" thing, and you'll be fine.

Anonymous