online survey takers....and getting pay for it, is it really true? anyone done it?

I am thinking of looking to doing something easy and doesnt take a lot of time to do to earn a little extra money....saw a commercial for bigspot.com about getting pay to take surveys online....do you really get pay? anyone has done it or is doing it now? most importantly is this a scam? and how do you actually report your earnings? is it worth it?

FON

Asked by FON at 4:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Its like if you try out this visa discovery card we will pay you 50 bucks... Catch is you have to buy something to get it. Or try out NETFLIX and tell us what you think. You buy a subscription to NETFLIX try ot for a month then get paid so.....you have to have money to get money.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I'm not 100% into the surveys but I "make" about $60 a year doing it. That comes in the form of gift cards or small things like a hair dryer or a purse or something like that.
    Anonymous

• I love surveys! Some are scams but many are legit. My favorites are Clear Voice Surveys & Valued Opinions. Both companies pay in e-gift cards. For my son's birthday I cashed in $50 to buy him a kitchen set from Amazon. SurveySpot pays thru PayPal, usually $1-2 but I've earned $5-10 at times. Toluna pays $2-5 per survey. Pinecone Research usually pays $3 per survey thru PayPal or by check. Lightspeed Panel lets you earn points to redeem for merchandise or gift cards. For my husband's birthday I redeemed points to get him a socket set that he uses a lot. Some of these companies also conduct product trials where they send you a free product to try, ask you questions about it then pay you for your time. Those are the best! Taking surveys all day won't replace a paycheck but the extra money, merchandise or gift cards go a long way. Good luck!
    Anonymous